Media server advice needed

brikis98

n00b
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
59
At work, we need to find a company that provides media servers. Specifically, the requirements are:

* A server that can host and stream video
* At the very least, 3GPP support is required. MPEG2/4 and other formats preferred.
* There MUST be good management tools for the videos. That is, tools for configuring the server, the streaming, organizing the files, etc.
* There must be a way for the server to be searched and specific video content requested
* The server must support localization: that is, multilingual content, searches and management tools

I'm not sure this is the proper forum to post this, but I'm not sure where else it would be appropriate. Any advice is very appreciated.
 
post in htpc thread............... but look at mythtv, sagetv, mediaportal or beyondtv
 
post in htpc thread............... but look at mythtv, sagetv, mediaportal or beyondtv

I'm looking for more of a commercial solution and not a HTPC... this media server would need to be able to support many more streams than the typical home media server...
 
Back
Top