• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Media Player Software Syncing

OldSchool

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
477
Is anyone aware of any media player software that can sync over a network? For example I start a song on my stereo upstairs, and I want to play the same thing on the computer at the bar downstairs synced with what is playing upstairs....
 
The thought just occurred to me that this could be accomplished with some sort of web streaming solution, but I would like to avoid the preprocessing that is typically associated with streaming (down sampling or what have you), as I would like to be able to do this with full bitrate FLAC. I had envisioned a "master" that directs "slaves" to play the same file from the same location on the network in sync.
 
I don't think it will help, but itunes and WMP can "send" files to be played on other devices. Don't think they sync though. I'd be interested on what others have in mind.
 
Back
Top