Alright I am completely stumped on this.
Problem:
I have sound for everything but Windows Media Player 11. I am running windows xp w/ sp3 and up to date on all windows/media player updates. The speakers work fine. I can play sound from youtube, windows sounds, vlc player, and any thing else except windows media player.
Error message I get when trying to play from windows media player:
"Windows media player cannon play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."
Stuff I've tried:
- Uninstall and Reinstall Sound driver
- New sound card in
- Downgraded / Reinstalled / Removed Windows Media Player
- Output sound device is correct
- Muted/Unmuted WMP
- Rebooted Several Times
- Installed properly via the device manager
I'm completely out of stuff to try... Any suggestions???
Thx in advance
Problem:
I have sound for everything but Windows Media Player 11. I am running windows xp w/ sp3 and up to date on all windows/media player updates. The speakers work fine. I can play sound from youtube, windows sounds, vlc player, and any thing else except windows media player.
Error message I get when trying to play from windows media player:
"Windows media player cannon play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."
Stuff I've tried:
- Uninstall and Reinstall Sound driver
- New sound card in
- Downgraded / Reinstalled / Removed Windows Media Player
- Output sound device is correct
- Muted/Unmuted WMP
- Rebooted Several Times
- Installed properly via the device manager
I'm completely out of stuff to try... Any suggestions???
Thx in advance