Media Player Classic Issue

Italiano86

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
252
Ever since I installed vista ultimate 64, while watching an avi movie through spdif using vlc player I get constant audio skipping. To fix this I started using media player classic with ffdshow and everything has been working great, no hiccups using 5.1 ac3 through spdif on my receiver.

I dont know when it started happening exactly, but recently when playing back an avi movie with more than one audio track, it defaults to the second track, and I am unable to select which track to use. I click on the play tab then try to click on audio, but it is grayed out and unable to be clicked on. VLC lets me select which track to play, but the audio jumps using spdif, no matter which setting I change.

Is there any way for me to select an audio track to play using media player classic like in VLC, or am I out of luck? Maybe another player to use?

My sound card is an x-fi fatality elite pro using the i/o module spdif out to my receiver. It picks up the 5.1 signal fine for all movies, but oddly enough only with some tweaked drivers I found online. Creative's drivers only show a 2 channel stream to my receiver no matter what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I can provide any more info if needed.
 
Back
Top