Media Monkey won't run AT ALL

aquemini

Weaksauce
I recently built a new computer and I wanted to use Media Monkey for playing music. Whenever I try to run it, the initial load screen comes up and then just sits there. I uninstalled, cleared the registry with both revouninstaller and ccleaner but nothing works when I install it again.

Foobar ran fine but that program is a pain in the ass and I didn't feel like using iTunes bloatware.

Actually I just realised I did a re install of MediaMonkey last week and it doesn't properly uninstall everything. It leaves stuff behind in the %appdata% folders.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings to find:
Administrator
All Users
Default User (which will be a hidden folder)
+ other folders for each user profile set up on your machine​
If you can't see your hidden folders go to 'Tools' menu & 'Folder Options'
Under the 'View' tab check 'Show hidden files and folders' & then click the 'Apply to All Folders' button.

Now hunt through each user profile folder including 'All Users' and Administrator' to find the 'Application Data' and 'Local Settings\Application Data' folders. Also check the 'Temp' folders under 'Application Data' and 'Local Settings\Application Data'

Manually delete any MediaMonkey folders that remain. It's a pain in the arse to check all the folders, but MediaMonkey seems to put it's files all over the place :rolleyes:

Maybe if you can clean out all the files you can get another newer or older version of MediaMonkey to run.

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to MediaMonkey 3.03. It has been reported to the developers, but there is no known fix. I simply uninstalled MediaMonkey and went back to version 3.02. You can download this from FileHippo.

Thanks, I'll try getting the older version and if that doesn't work I'll use IanM's advice.

I downloaded the 3.02 version and it WORKED. Hopefully this problem is fixed with the next update.

Back