AMD 64 athlong 3500+ venice socket 939
XFX GF 6600 256mb ddr dual dvi tv pci-e
OCZ modsteam psu 520w 12u
Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-500MCE
Western Digital 120gb Sata hard drive
Aver Media AverTVHD
Corsair CMX512 X2(paired)
Windows XP Media Center Edition

The system was fine for a number of months, while i was working out small kinks. But when i returned from school this past semester for fall break they system continued to blue screen. It was very unstable, sometimes i would blue screen before logged into windows other times I would be working on the system for 5-20 min before it blue screened. The initial thought was that it was a video card problem because the specific card I used was not on the MCE(media center edition) hcl. But after testing another video card with the system and returning the xfx card to the manufacturer(finding no problems with it) I "ruled" that not to be the problem. Next step was to test the motherboard, I did this by buying a spare(only $70) Abit ax8 board for the system. But again after switching boards the problem persisted. Next the processor(purchased new one for $70 from neweggg) but the problem persisted.

Now I am at a point where I have no idea what to do. I tested the memory using a tool on Corsairs site but no errors were found. I also attempted to reinstall Windows MCE but the floppy is not being recognized by windows setup so I am unable to load the SATA drivers.

If you have any ideas about what to test/do with this system please share them with me. I do not want this $1500 investment to turn into a paper weight because i gave up..

Edit: After the motherboard and processer were replaced by new ones, I am able to get to windows login type in my password then it blue screens. Harddrive has also been replaced by 160wd sata.

I am now at a point where I am trying to reinstall the OS. I get to the part of windows install where it asked to specify which partition, there are a bunch of <unknown partitions> that i cant get rid of, when i just simply press enter the system waits for a few seconds and then give me BLUE SCREEN containing an error stating can not load systendd.sys. CPU cache is disabled.

I am out of ideas please help...

Back