Media Cataloging Software

gurgle

Limp Gawd
Something like Whereisit, but better preferabbly. MP3, mpeg4, etc. thanks!

WhereIsIt? is pretty tough to beat, especially when you use all the plugins it's capable of using. For cataloging CDs and DVDs and most any form of media at all, there's simply no match for it in my opinion. Been using it for so long I wouldn't dream of touching anything else at this point. :)

If your serous about movie cataloging, I would recommend "Ant Movie Catalog" hands down. Great scripts (I use IMDB and amazon) and AVI/media importing, and above all its freeware :) The community is pretty strong, and you can customise the fields by editing the language file and use it for loads of other things too (recipes, games, musc etc...) Been using it for years now, seriously worth a look :)

yeah, i use ant movie. i just need something to catalog my other discs that have software and shit on them.

Well i've always used Visual CD Creator for that - images a CDs table of contents etc... Might be what your looking for?

Yep that's pretty much the same thing too :) Great thing about it is you can search the entire contents of your cd collection in seconds, save lots of time! Visual CD is also very quick at writing an index file, and you can also have it index the contents of rar/zips within the cd and even the id3 tags on mp3s.

Back