Media Capture Card

Cruros

n00b
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
16
I have finally joined the actually decent speed internet world! I am looking to, hopefully, live stream to my twitch.tv account or perhaps do something similar to Shadowplay; record the previous 5-20 minutes of game play so I can upload it.

My understanding is that most of the media cards I have found will not support 3 monitors @ 1580X1080. I don't have an issue with the card recording at 1920X1080, but I don't want to lose my gaming across 3 monitors.

Does anyone know of any capture cards that can do this? The monitors are all HDMI/DVI and my sound goes out through the onboard chipset to headphones.

Is my best bet just upgrading my GTX 590 to a GTX 780 to be able to use Shadowplay?

As always, thanks!
 
I was also looking at some programs like Fraps and dxtory. I may have to just try them, but my fear is they will drop my frame rate drastically. Games like Titanfall I am already having to lower the settings down on while playing on 3 monitors. I prefer my games to look pretty on 3 monitors instead of running a video card software if it comes down to it.

Although, that may be a good reason to replace the GTX 590 :)
 
Update; I found Bandicam and it works better than DXtory or Fraps for me. It takes way, way smaller videos that either of those programs with very little quality loss.
 
Back
Top