Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Honestly I'm just so jaded on the badass supersoldier COD games. Nobody is like that in real life and it's just such a horrible influence on kids. Maybe I'm cloudy on the orginial Call of duty and medal of honor but these games seem nothing like them. These games give the worst possible story about life in the military. If they're gonna make these I wish it were more about the duty and less about the dude bro High five headshot nonsense. It makes kids want to go out and join the military thinking its gonna be all kill streaks and james bond shit. It makes peace loving types think everyone insides a goon. I guess no one wants to make a game about building a well and pulling shrapnel out of kids legs.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm just so jaded on the badass supersoldier COD games. Nobody is like that in real life and it's just such a horrible influence on kids. Maybe I'm cloudy on the orginial Call of duty and medal of honor but these games seem nothing like them. These games give the worst possible story about life in the military. If they're gonna make these I wish it were more about the duty and less about the dude bro High five headshot nonsense. It makes kids want to go out and join the military thinking its gonna be all kill streaks and james bond shit. It makes peace loving types think everyone insides a goon. I guess no one wants to make a game about building a well and pulling shrapnel out of kids legs.

Apparently actual Tier 1 soldiers worked with EA/DICE on the game.

8 Part Interview.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRl_mYZosoo

Uh... Any kids who think that anything in real life is remotely close to these games needs to get the fuck back to reality. I've never once looked at any game as something "close" to the real thing. I used to play Americas Army back 5-6 years ago, and that game is developed by the US Army. I *still* would be scared if someone played that and thought it was remotely representative. These are games. They have always been games. And anyone who cant differentiate that from reality needs to get fuck back from all forms of gaming.

Is the bigger question that you dont think people can tell reality from the things you do in games? If so, then we as a society need to step back and look at how we teach people growing up.

Uh... Any kids who think that anything in real life is remotely close to these games needs to get the fuck back to reality. I've never once looked at any game as something "close" to the real thing. I used to play Americas Army back 5-6 years ago, and that game is developed by the US Army. I *still* would be scared if someone played that and thought it was remotely representative. These are games. They have always been games. And anyone who cant differentiate that from reality needs to get fuck back from all forms of gaming.

Is the bigger question that you dont think people can tell reality from the things you do in games? If so, then we as a society need to step back and look at how we teach people growing up.

ArmA2 can get pretty close to real life. Takes 8 years to get anything done!

It doesn't take much. They will believe anything if it's reinforced enough. Blacks are criminals mexicans are taking all the jobs, taking contraception means you're a whore. I try to go see a movie and I get a ten minute commercial about how joining the army means you'll spend most of your time being dropped from planes and snowboarding in to the alps. Maybe I know it's bs and you know it's bs but the 14 year old kid going to see Transformers he doesn't. He's not stupid just a kid and uninformed.

I'm not out to hate on anybody or tell them whats what. I'm just speaking from having trudged all the barely veiled recruitment games that I want something more. I wanna see a game where you doing something other than bursting into rooms full of "terrorists" and quicktime eventing them to death. I like Americas army. I like it because I've played it and thought "fuck this is hard." same with Arma II, but I want something different from something that has the balls to call itself "Medal of honor" something with teeth. Something that makes you go overwhelmed and maybe some heartache and some after thoughts. Or fuck it if I can't have that I want a adaption of "Three Kings" :D. Until I see that I'll stick to my scifi games at least there's something interesting going on.

Yay.....Another modern warfare type game. :rolleyes:

Can't we do something futuristic....please.

ArmA2 can get pretty close to real life. Takes 8 years to get anything done!

Complete with bureaucratic red tape!

I didn't mind the original (MOH 2010 or whatever). I felt like half the game was good (the second half) and visually appealing, but the other half sucked and was dated. I wish they'd leave the whole on-rails linear approach and give us the Band of Brothers / R6 style. Allow us to give orders to our squad, etc. BF3 had a few brief instances of that feeling (the large field fight at the end). It'd really help differentiate themselves in an already crowded modern-miltary FPS shooters genre. It's all --> clear room of baddies, move on --> clear room of baddies, move on --> brief stealth exercise --> clear room of baddies --> move on --> cinematic OMG cutscene! --> clear room of baddies --> button press exercise --> on rails vehicle fight, go! --> clear room of baddies --> rinse repeat.

Give me the mission plan, let me load out my guys, and I'll do the rest. Do I want to knock out the lights and go NVG+Suppressors on them? Or loud and scary shock/awe style? My choice.

As for ArmA, that game has been hit or miss (same with OpFor). It either looks great and plays like crap (bugs/etc) or it plays great and looks like crap. They can't seem to find the middle ground for me. The movement of the soldier (not talking about the running bob) and animations have never really done it for me. They don't seem to flow with the world. If you could get the immersion of BF3 controls/visuals/sound and the gameplay of ArmA, it'd be one hell of a game.

Last edited:
The MP in the last game was such a let down. If they fix that I think it could be a great game. If not, it will probably be worth picking up on sale for the single player.

At this point the modern warfare setting has been used so much, and for so long, that WW2 would feel fresh and new. I hope at some point one of the companies will figure out innovation might make you even more money.

Complete with bureaucratic red tape!

I didn't mind the original (MOH 2010 or whatever). I felt like half the game was good (the second half) and visually appealing, but the other half sucked and was dated. I wish they'd leave the whole on-rails linear approach and give us the Band of Brothers / R6 style. Allow us to give orders to our squad, etc. BF3 had a few brief instances of that feeling (the large field fight at the end). It'd really help differentiate themselves in an already crowded modern-miltary FPS shooters genre. It's all --> clear room of baddies, move on --> clear room of baddies, move on --> brief stealth exercise --> clear room of baddies --> move on --> cinematic OMG cutscene! --> clear room of baddies --> button press exercise --> on rails vehicle fight, go! --> clear room of baddies --> rinse repeat.

mapdesignovertime.jpg

Give me the mission plan, let me load out my guys, and I'll do the rest. Do I want to knock out the lights and go NVG+Suppressors on them? Or loud and scary shock/awe style? My choice.

Something like the original Ghost Recon would be great.

Looks kinda neat, but releasing a modern warfare FPS in 2012 is kind of like releasing a WWII FPS in 2005.

FPS sucks these days, so slow paced and too many "wannabe COD" games is just plain boring. At least it uses the Frostbite 2 engine and thats a good thing, other than that I'm sure its going to be anotger boring generic FPS game.

Ditto. "welcome to Tbilisi gentlmen..." :D

I did play BF3 SP through, but more out of since I already spent the money feelings then because I was enjoying it. Mw3 I didn't even bother finishing the SP campaign.. it just gets old after awhile.

If you could get the immersion of BF3 controls/visuals/sound and the gameplay of ArmA, it'd be one hell of a game.

I think I just blew a load in my pants. If modding were allowed from DICE, I could see some modders making BF3 hard like ArmA II, but with the performance and fluid mechanics of the original game. Oh god....I just blew another load.

Anyways OT: I too am tired of the super soldier bullshit in general. But if the gameplay of this game is fun and done well and is LONGER than the last MoH (holy shit, played it on a friends computer year ago and I finished it in like 3-4 hours), I might be interested. I wouldn't mind something that is more along the lines of old Rainbow 6 games or sandbox mode. But I got a feeling they will go with what they had in the last MoH but maybe more expanded in the time it takes to finish the game and more versatility in the MP component of the game, at least I hope. Either way time will tell and I want to see actual gameplay footage and judge from that. Could care less what the devs say at this point until I see footage and details that will be hardcoded into the game. Anything else is just fluff until that happens.

If modding were allowed from DICE

Sir I'm gonna need you to step out the discussion and turn over your keyboard and computer. This is the nickel and dime police and you're disrupting public acceptance of our monopoly on content creation.

Sir I'm gonna need you to step out the discussion and turn over your keyboard and computer. This is the nickel and dime police and you're disrupting public acceptance of our monopoly on content creation.

I will respectively decline your un-constitutional arrest and videotape these proceedings!

Speaking of something that has turned into console garbage, I saw the new "trailer" for the latest Ghost Recon.....and it's a fucking third person shooter now. I said as much on the gametrailers comment section about how GR started out as a thinking man's FPS and got -10 votes within 1 minute of posting it. People are fucking stupid beyond all measure. TBH, I think most of the ones who gave me a thumbs down weren't even a sperm when the first GR game came out, so I guess it just boils down to stupid kids more than anything. Either way, if the shoe fits...

Back