Medal of Honor Tier 1

i think the SAW doesnt have enough recoil...
i dont like how the game is SOO scripted either...
and the graphics are for some odd reason disappointing me... the lighting is great, but the grass looks pretty shitty...
the NPC faces are really cool as well and the sounds from the game are great...

I am playing on 360... does anyone "install" the game to HD or just run it off the dvd?

Got the game from Gamefly yesterday. I'm having a blast laying the SP, however, the MP is complete donkey ass. My biggest pet peeve about the MP, NO FUCKING SQUADS.:mad:

i think the SAW doesnt have enough recoil...
i dont like how the game is SOO scripted either...
and the graphics are for some odd reason disappointing me... the lighting is great, but the grass looks pretty shitty...
the NPC faces are really cool as well and the sounds from the game are great...

I am playing on 360... does anyone "install" the game to HD or just run it off the dvd?

Yes I agree.

I have it installed on my 360 HHD. Its about 6gig. Loads so much faster. Smoother too.

Got the game from Gamefly yesterday. I'm having a blast laying the SP, however, the MP is complete donkey ass. My biggest pet peeve about the MP, NO FUCKING SQUADS.:mad:

I noticed that in the Beta, very weird.

I noticed that in the Beta, very weird.

That's the old school battlefield in us. Let's hope BF3 has squads.

Overall, im enjoying Moh. Online is sick. Glad it came out, as I wont be getting COD:BO or any other game this Fall. Next is Crysis 2, Brink, then Rage next year.

MOH sounded fine for me on my 7.1 Game is okay, kind of dark but okay. Controls seemed a little sluggish. One thing I did notice, is if you get hit 2 or 3 shots, your dead. Haven't played MP yet, but the campaign is kind of fun. I played it on the 360, have not tried it on PS3 yet. Sure it is not COD, but what is? So far I am enjoying it.:D

"top of the food chain" aka "elite".

Of course, us programmers know you start from zero, so they're actually one level down the pyramid.

What a POS game- first game I ever bought that I regret. To be honest I have not played the SP yet but the MP just blows. Spawn points are horrible and it just turns into a snipe fest. Graphics are so pixeled in the distance that it is hard to even see anyone. It doesn't even tell you if you won the game other then a "your team won" up on the screen- no congratulatory music or commentary. Hard to believe this is from the same people that made BC2. I'm hoping the SP is better but I'm hearing it's only 4-5hrs long and there is some major bug that crashes the game and you can't even finish it.

Just finished the single player. I enjoyed it. Frankly, I enjoyed the story in MoH over MW2. I appreciated the more 'realistic' story, and found myself more invested in the characters and their situation because of it.

I only found one instance of a checkpoint that had trouble triggering, and one other part where I wasn't sure where to go after clearing out enemies. I noticed clipping only once near the end, and saw 'gliding' enemies twice during the sniper mission where you are clearing out the opposite hillside. So I'm really not sure where all the grief about technical issues is coming from in the reviews; maybe it's in MP. Honestly, as I read IGNs review I found myself able to apply nearly all their complaints about the campaign to MW2 as well.

And infinitely spawning enemies? Maybe I was just better at keeping moving than the reviewers, but I never really noticed infinite spawns. It just felt natural--especially as cover eroded--and urgent that, as soon as there was a lull in the fire, I move forward to the next available cover as quickly as possible. I'll put it this way: I didn't notice spawning enemy loops the way I did in CoD4, another game I thoroughly enjoyed but enraged me at times for that very issue.

The Apache part kicked ass, the music really upped the intensity of that level.

Finally, the ending (BTW, I found no bug that crashed the game so I could not finish it) seemed a fitting memorial and thanks to the servicemen and women that the game was supposed to be about. I found myself with the same feeling that I had at the end of Generation Kill and Black Hawk Down: having never served I will likely never fully understand the camaraderie and sacrifice the troops over there experience, but I do know that my gratitude for their service and sacrifice can never fully be expressed or be enough to qualify what they've given.

I think that it is notable that Danger Close has done something that IW did not do with MW or MW2. They created a game based on actual on-going events, and it is actually entertaining--the primary goal of most games. I think it stands apart from the recent CoDs for that reason.

So, let me be a minority voice who actually enjoyed the game in spite of it's minor flaws. I only rented it, and again I have not played MP, but I would gladly have paid $20 for the SP alone and felt satisfied with my purchase--something I think developers should consider doing to capture more of the SP-oriented market.

I think IGN was off base with their 6 (unless the bulk of their decision was MP, which again I have not played). I'd give the SP experience a 7.5 or 8.

Last edited:
ya, the ending was great, the music was really cool. it wasnt hard either... i beat the entire game on hard, almost never dieing throughout the entire level. I am not the greatest at first person shooters on consoles, but I was amazed that I could beat the entire game on hard... i guess it wasnt that hard, or I am just getting better :D
time to sell the game, since i am not really into MP

Guess I'll give the SP a shot. Just got back from Gamestop- they are giving a whole $23.00 for the game as a trade and it's not even a week old :(

I think the SP game is decent, very tense in parts (so far - not done yet).

The MP is probably the most unbalanced thing I've played in the last few generations of PC/Console shooters. I'm not really for or against kill cams, but this is a game I can say needs one. Because (because because because), there are no provisions in game against spawn killing. The spawns are so poorly set-up that people go on spawn rapes in more than half the games I've played.

You can literally snipe people as they appear out of thin air, and on the objective capture levels, this is ridiculous. Snipe five guys, call in mortars. That hits, and it's on to a rocket strike. Hit enough dudes, it's guided missile time, etc. You can ruin a team on a run like that, and it happens often enough that I believe it to be poor level design, or poorly tested; and it's probably both.

It's amazing to me that for all the good stuff Dice did in BC2, it seems they threw that out for MoH, and kept the bad Then they slapped a clunky menu system and unlock viewer on it, and included so few maps, that I was bored with half of them after two days of playing for maybe 4 hours total in the MP.

And yet, one of my buddies loves the 1 hit kills, the fact that you die so easy, and the lack of a kill cam. It's definitely more of an old-school MP experience.

So to each their own I s'pose, but I'm beating the campaign and sending it back to GF

Side Note: One of our friends made a drinking game out of it last night. Every time you die in MP and go "Where the hell did I get shot from?", you take a drink. I don't advise this with hard liquor.

So, I have this on the xbox and have encountered some issues. Anyone have a problem with the sound cutting out. Its quick when it happens but annoying. Happens a lot on the first atv board. Ive also had it freeze up for like 10 secs mid game and once, when trying to load my game, it started telling me my hdd was null, even though i have 40g free.
Anyways, I like the game but the AI seems stupid and its easy to get headshots all the time. Aim assist off, of course

First of all, HOWDY AG!!!!!!!
I could not agree more with your assessment of MOH. Everyone wants to compare it to COD, and it is not. I enjoyed it as well and did not find the issues other posted about sound and other issues. I am sure patches will be issued soon, but as far as playing the game, I like it. :D
Just finished the single player. I enjoyed it. Frankly, I enjoyed the story in MoH over MW2. I appreciated the more 'realistic' story, and found myself more invested in the characters and their situation because of it.

I only found one instance of a checkpoint that had trouble triggering, and one other part where I wasn't sure where to go after clearing out enemies. I noticed clipping only once near the end, and saw 'gliding' enemies twice during the sniper mission where you are clearing out the opposite hillside. So I'm really not sure where all the grief about technical issues is coming from in the reviews; maybe it's in MP. Honestly, as I read IGNs review I found myself able to apply nearly all their complaints about the campaign to MW2 as well.

And infinitely spawning enemies? Maybe I was just better at keeping moving than the reviewers, but I never really noticed infinite spawns. It just felt natural--especially as cover eroded--and urgent that, as soon as there was a lull in the fire, I move forward to the next available cover as quickly as possible. I'll put it this way: I didn't notice spawning enemy loops the way I did in CoD4, another game I thoroughly enjoyed but enraged me at times for that very issue.

The Apache part kicked ass, the music really upped the intensity of that level.

Finally, the ending (BTW, I found no bug that crashed the game so I could not finish it) seemed a fitting memorial and thanks to the servicemen and women that the game was supposed to be about. I found myself with the same feeling that I had at the end of Generation Kill and Black Hawk Down: having never served I will likely never fully understand the camaraderie and sacrifice the troops over there experience, but I do know that my gratitude for their service and sacrifice can never fully be expressed or be enough to qualify what they've given.

I think that it is notable that Danger Close has done something that IW did not do with MW or MW2. They created a game based on actual on-going events, and it is actually entertaining--the primary goal of most games. I think it stands apart from the recent CoDs for that reason.

So, let me be a minority voice who actually enjoyed the game in spite of it's minor flaws. I only rented it, and again I have not played MP, but I would gladly have paid $20 for the SP alone and felt satisfied with my purchase--something I think developers should consider doing to capture more of the SP-oriented market.

I think IGN was off base with their 6 (unless the bulk of their decision was MP, which again I have not played). I'd give the SP experience a 7.5 or 8.

First of all, HOWDY AG!!!!!!!
I could not agree more with your assessment of MOH. Everyone wants to compare it to COD, and it is not. I enjoyed it as well and did not find the issues other posted about sound and other issues. I am sure patches will be issued soon, but as far as playing the game, I like it. :D

HOWDY!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this sentiment! Thanks and Gig 'em!

I can definitely understand how people make the comparison to CoD, for obvious reasons and for the fact that it was pretty much marketed as a CoD competitor. I guess my not expecting an over-the-top 'Baysplosion' story helped me enjoy it more. I can certainly see me being disappointed in the pacing of the game if I was expecting that.

I thought the singleplayer campaign was GREAT. The MP is about tied with BC2 as my favorite of the current-gen. I'm working my way through Tier 1 mode now.

I've beaten the SP campaign, surely a rental only.

I started playing and completed the campaign in two sittings (which is rare for me).

The game is decent - there are no fundamental flaws - but also no reasons to play it above any shooter. I liked called in support, but it just became completely predictable and scripted repeating the same steps again and again. As I said, it's an 'okay' military shooter - but I expected more as I really liked the older Medal of Honor games, it just didn't grab me in any way.

It's not tactical or strategic, its not cinematic, its not engrossing - it's just 'okay'.

I think that we collectively as gamers deserve more then just a bland rehatch of what's been done already.

Anyways - that's my 2 cents.

Back