Mechanical reccomendations

rudy

[H]F Junkie
I am looking for a couple RGB keyboards and there are a lot of options now and not a ton of clear ways to filter through all of them. I want the RGB that can be set to any color and preferably ones where the keys can be individually controlled. Also they must all have full NKRO

1 I would be interested in a keyboard that is easy to clean for someone whom is very messy. Bonus if the RGB has some effects beyond just color. Maybe it is water proof and can be washed. The specific switch should be quiet but something like browns or reds is fine not real specific on the switch.

The other one should be black or red switch feel. I might be interested in something that has a short profile and switch throw.

Also any specific pitfalls or things I might be overlooking as I have been out of it for a while to warn me about?

I would have recommended the GSkill Ripjaws RGB keyboard as it does everything you need and is a sweet keyboard.
But its so damn noisy, it even annoys my cat.
I tried a friends cheaper Corsair that uses the exact same RGB brown switches and its so much quieter, and thats with my GSkill having double O Rings fitted!
The Corsair RGBs should do what you need.

I've become a huge fan of MX Silver switches. I have them on my Ducky One tenkeyless board. Basically, they're like Reds, but with a quicker activation. As for brands of RGB mech boards, I think you really can't go wrong with Ducky or Corsair.

To me, the switch is the most important thing, so that's where I would start actually. It's amazing how many different options there are for lighting and macros these days though--the keyboard has truly become a peripheral of its own.

I have had alot of switches and am not incredibly dedicated to any, I just know noisy blues are not going to work, if nothing else they annoy other gamers on voip. I also don't mind experimenting with switches, the silvers look very interesting and are new to me, so I think I will try those on one of these keyboards.

I personally like the romer g switches in Logitech and creative soundblasterx keyboards, they also normally aren't as loud as most cherry switches you could also try Coolermaster keyboards they are quite nice.

Back