Measuring TEMPs

On a related note (without starting a new thread), do most/all motherboards have on-board CPU temp sensors? I've been confused lately as to how just about everyone has the ability to see their temps.

/me still is running a pII400 :(

i had tried it befor, but i said what the hell and tried it again and the new verson i got works great.
And now i give the thread up for Hijacking... :D

Originally posted by mwarps
Second Post:
Don't hijack, it's rude.
And yes, most semi-modern boards have onboard sensors.
Heh, pardon my threadjacking... at least it was related. It was such a minor point that posting it in it's own topic would be rather silly. There really isn't a newbie forum on the site and the search is broke, so lots of stupidly simple stuff to those of you who have been around a while is still unanswered to myself. *shrug*

Anyway, my apologies again, back on topic (even though it seems to be over at this point, doh!).

Second Post:
Don't hijack, it's rude.
And yes, most semi-modern boards have onboard sensors. [/B]

That wasn't a hijack, it was very related. A hijack would be coming in here and saying "How about them bears?". It's a simple question that could get answered in a simple 1 post (without search being enabled). It's not a discussion starter that could get multiple posts, like someone coming in here and saying "AMD or Intel?" <--- that's a hijack.

It was more of a holdup.

I know it may not be applicable to your mobo, but if you've got an Asus mobo, there is a program called AsusProbe that is available (somewhere) on their site. I am using it with my P2B now and it works great... not sure on it's compatibility with other mobo's though.

Regarding the threadjack - no big deal. I've seen lesser issues blown way more out of proportion and larger issues ignored. It's all in a day's work for a moderator. :)

Back