• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Meaning of post codes

makshim

Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
590
Just built a new superbudget computer and am getting some post codes-
first

75

then

8D

and last

96

Now I tried researching and the only post code that I could find was 96. "Clear huge ES segment register."

Every time I try to boot from floppy it tells me "I/O error" and I try pressing enter again and all it does is click. What could it be?

Hopefully someone could help me out.

Specs-
2400+ Sempron
Chaintech 7VIF4
512MB Rosewill budget RAM
40GB Maxtor HD
Sony CD drive, Sony floppy.
No video or sound card

This board has a Pheonix Bios v6.00PG, and I also get a single short beep... Any advice on what it could be?
 
I think I got the problem; bad boot disks; Making some new ones now, lets hope it goes well... :D
 
Back
Top