• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Meade Telescope + DSLR

griffinhart

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
1,294
I've been wanting to try this for a while. In past, I've taken some pictures of the moon using an old 300mm lens that I used on my original Nikon N60 film camera. Using that lens, a x2 teleconverter and my Nilon D80, I've managed a few decent shots.

4565789461_976f1f35ae_z.jpg


The shot, while not bad, doesn't compare with a bunch of shots I have seen. So, I want to try taking advantage of a Meade DS-70 Telescope we've had for years that has been collecting dust.

So, I just ordered a T-Mount and Camera Adapter for the telescope. Does anyone have experience in using similar set ups? Any advice to be had? If I can manage to take some satisfactory Lunar photos, I'm going to pack everything up and head to my brother's house. He lives in a pretty rural area with much less light polution where I could try for more difficult shots.
 
Back
Top