ME3 error?

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know how to fix this error? I've tried re-installing with no luck. Kind of baffled = (

Do you happen to have a separate Physx card installed with older drivers? Maybe 7970/CF has issues without official driver.....
I'm running latest Cats and had no problem playing it with my card, and have software Physx driver 9.10.0514 if that helps.

Hmm, looks like the issue is back in ME 3 as well. You actually have to download and install the Nvidia PhysX driver. This is what I had to do to get ME 2 to run on my 6950's and 7970's.

Do you happen to have a separate Physx card installed with older drivers? Maybe 7970/CF has issues without official driver.....
I'm running latest Cats and had no problem playing it with my card, and have software Physx driver 9.10.0514 if that helps.

My system is fresh install with the 11.2 drivers & cap3.
No other physx or nvidia drivers at all. Do I need to install physx drivers separately ?
I thought that was only for nvidia gpu's. I'll give it a go anyway. Didn't realize there was a separate set of drivers required, well, Me2 didn't (unless it installed in the background ). Oh well.

My system is fresh install with the 11.2 drivers & cap3.
No other physx or nvidia drivers at all. Do I need to install physx drivers separately ?
I thought that was only for nvidia gpu's. I'll give it a go anyway. Didn't realize there was a separate set of drivers required, well, Me2 didn't (unless it installed in the background ). Oh well.

I just checked my programs and feature and PhysX is installed. You could get it from the nvidia site or you could download the latest nvidia drivers, extract it and install the latest build PhysX in the Nvidia folder.

Installed the PhysX software and got it working. The demo still seems flaky to me. "Alt tab" seems to crash it for me. Me thinks new drivers are in order...ahem ahem AMD? = )

Installed the PhysX software and got it working. The demo still seems flaky to me. "Alt tab" seems to crash it for me. Me thinks new drivers are in order...ahem ahem AMD? = )

I bet it's probably just a function of the 'early' nature of the game code. The first two games were stable; the second one amazingly stable and smooth, even played well enough on the HD3000 on my laptop's 1366x768 screen.

Looking forward to the demo tonight though, will report back if I had the same issue with CFX etc. at 1600p.

I had a very similar problem as I just reinstalled ME2 to play the DLC before ME3 is released. I had Physx installed but it was the wrong version. I had to uninstall Physx, uninstall the game, reboot, and reinstall the game. Then it worked. ME3 is apparently still based on the same code as the previous games and has the same issues with a specific version of Physx being present.

I have an ATI card.

Does the Nvidia PhysX software actually pass off the calculations to the CPU if it cant detect an Nvidia GPU? or is it just so the game can detect a file, whether it uses it or not.

Does the Nvidia PhysX software actually pass off the calculations to the CPU if it cant detect an Nvidia GPU? or is it just so the game can detect a file, whether it uses it or not.

It does, but it only uses one core I believe to do the work of a would be Nvidia card.
Many games use PhysX but it seems only a handful support it in hardware, here's a list http://physxinfo.com/index.php?p=gam&f=all
The ones with the star have hardware support ie using a Nvidia card in place of the cpu.
Many rightfully rag on it because it could most likely be fully accelerated by modern cpu's if it was programmed to do so.

It does, but it only uses one core I believe to do the work of a would be Nvidia card.
Many games use PhysX but it seems only a handful support it in hardware, here's a list http://physxinfo.com/index.php?p=gam&f=all
The ones with the star have hardware support ie using a Nvidia card in place of the cpu.
Many rightfully rag on it because it could most likely be fully accelerated by modern cpu's if it was programmed to do so.

Thx! Damn physX >_<

I didn't get this error (or any error) when playing through the demo with my system in sig. I'll have to go back and see if PhysX is installed.

Back