I'm trying to create an array, /dev/md2 , out of 4 hard drives. I am able to create it with mdadm, but I am getting a strange line when I do a, mdadm --detail /dev/md2:
I formatted each drive with one partition that spans the entire drive of type fd (linux raid autodetect)
Here is my creation line:
mdadm -v --create /dev/md2 --chunk=128 --level=5 --raid-devices=4 /dev/sd{a,b,c,d}1
Here is my mdadm --detail /dev/md2
mdadm --detail /dev/md2
/dev/md2:
Version : 00.90.03
Creation Time : Sun Mar 18 12:37:53 2007
Raid Level : raid5
Array Size : 1465151616 (1397.28 GiB 1500.32 GB)
Device Size : 488383872 (465.76 GiB 500.11 GB)
Raid Devices : 4
Total Devices : 4
Preferred Minor : 2
Persistence : Superblock is persistent
Update Time : Sun Mar 18 12:37:53 2007
State : clean
Active Devices : 4
Working Devices : 4
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0
Layout : left-symmetric
Chunk Size : 128K
UUID : adebaa91:73e04b99:f9a2fbcd:72ae3a0c
Events : 0.1
Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
0 8 1 0 active sync /dev/sda1
1 8 17 1 active sync /dev/sdb1
2 8 33 2 active sync /dev/sdc1
2 0 0 140693960 removed
4 8 49 4 active sync /dev/sdd1
---------------
The line in question is:
2 0 0 140693960 removed
What is that line? Its a fresh array and I haven't removed a device from it.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
I formatted each drive with one partition that spans the entire drive of type fd (linux raid autodetect)
Here is my creation line:
mdadm -v --create /dev/md2 --chunk=128 --level=5 --raid-devices=4 /dev/sd{a,b,c,d}1
Here is my mdadm --detail /dev/md2
mdadm --detail /dev/md2
/dev/md2:
Version : 00.90.03
Creation Time : Sun Mar 18 12:37:53 2007
Raid Level : raid5
Array Size : 1465151616 (1397.28 GiB 1500.32 GB)
Device Size : 488383872 (465.76 GiB 500.11 GB)
Raid Devices : 4
Total Devices : 4
Preferred Minor : 2
Persistence : Superblock is persistent
Update Time : Sun Mar 18 12:37:53 2007
State : clean
Active Devices : 4
Working Devices : 4
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0
Layout : left-symmetric
Chunk Size : 128K
UUID : adebaa91:73e04b99:f9a2fbcd:72ae3a0c
Events : 0.1
Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
0 8 1 0 active sync /dev/sda1
1 8 17 1 active sync /dev/sdb1
2 8 33 2 active sync /dev/sdc1
2 0 0 140693960 removed
4 8 49 4 active sync /dev/sdd1
---------------
The line in question is:
2 0 0 140693960 removed
What is that line? Its a fresh array and I haven't removed a device from it.
Any ideas?
Thanks.