MCSA 70-411 Study Material

USMCGrunt

2[H]4U
About to take my 70-410 test and pretty confident I'll pass it. Curious if anybody has any recommendations on study material for the 70-411 exam? For the 70-410 exam, I read the MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide by Don Poulton and thought it was well put together. Unfortunately, the publisher has no concrete plans for publishing follow up books for the MCSA/E series of certifications. I've been working on 2012 servers for about two years now, building networks from the ground up so I have a pretty good grasp on things but, I'd like a book that kind of holds your hand and explains every little thing. I know there are gaps in my knowledge...I just don't know where exactly they are all at.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well fuck that book.....just FAILED the cert test...scored a 568. The book doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the technologies it discusses compared to the questions asked....nothin like pissin' away over $200 in exam and book costs....

the-more-you-know1.jpg

Well fuck that book.....just FAILED the cert test...scored a 568. The book doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the technologies it discusses compared to the questions asked....nothin like pissin' away over $200 in exam and book costs....

You have a Second Shot!

Not pissed away yet, just hit the books for the parts you had issues with, grab a couple VMs, and you'll be well-prepared for that second go.

You have a Second Shot!

Not pissed away yet, just hit the books for the parts you had issues with, grab a couple VMs, and you'll be well-prepared for that second go.

Ya I'm aware, the problem is not that I wasn't sure about questions, the exam asked questions that were never covered by the book. It was like reading a book on how to drive a car for an exam that asks how to pull the engine...

For example, the book covers Disk Management and how to create software raid and the different types of volumes that can be made (simple, spanned, mirror, etc...). A question asked how to add a physical disk and allow users with access only to the C: drive access this storage. The answer is to create a simple volume and map it to a folder on the C: drive. The book doesn't cover that extra bit of depth and that's a fairly shallow dive...the multitude of questions on AD that reach much further is a whole lot worse.

Based on the test results graph, there's not a single section I scored better than 65% in so I kind of need to study everything. Which leads me and most observers to wonder, what the hell was in the 700 pages of reading this "Cert Guide" has.

I'm just pissed...information on the test is totally fragmented with no single reliable source. Hell, the book I bought seemed to review better than the Microsoft Press books that are recommended...wtf?!

Damn, I have heard that 70-410 is actually very difficult. I'll be taking mine soon..This has me worried.

Damn, I have heard that 70-410 is actually very difficult. I'll be taking mine soon..This has me worried.

Dude....ya...

I ordered the Sybex MCSA series of books last night and got the 70-410 just to have the complete set, good thing now too. I'm gonna burn through the book and see if it's any better. Also going to go through Microsoft Virtual Academy and the virtual labs Microsoft offers online. If I find something that goes into the proper depth I will let you know.

I WAS going to go with the test dumps in VCE file format and just memorize the question pool but Avanset, the software devs for the vce software changed their business model and charge something like $40/mon to use the software now....that's WAY too much imo.

Back