MCR-220 vs BIP2

JokerNut

Limp Gawd
I've decided to get a dual 120 rad and have looking at the Swiftech MCR-220 and the BIP2. I'm leaning toward the BIP2 right now.
I will be putting it into a CM Stacker at the bottom of the bays. The rest of the loop consists of a Storm, MCP-655, and MCW-55 and a res using 7/16 masterkleer tubing. I'm not really worried about the size difference since there are off by a few millimeters. I will be using two YATE LOON 120 fans pulling air through the rad.

Is there any real difference between the two, as far as performance?

So please let me know which would be better.

Thanks in advance,
JN

You probably wont notice much of a difference between the two, according to swiftech's testing their rad is better though.

The Swiftech unit is a little thicker than the BIP2, but the fin design is less dense. If the Swiftech unit is better than the BIP2 as Swiftech has stated, i'm betting its only a minimal gain. The MCR-220 is designed specificly for very low-cfm / low-noise operation so the Vantec Stealths and SilentX fans would work perfectly. The MCR-220 also has slightly more spacing between the housing and the fins to give you more of a shroud. The top tanks have also been rounded and angled towards the barbs to aid in the bleeding process. Both the BIP2 and the MCR-220 are good radiators and both are priced nicely at $43 for the Swiftech MCR-220 and $36 for the DangerDen BIP2.

I would get the MCR-220. With the yate loons the lower FPI should allow better airflow.

Thanks for the quick replies. I will give the MCR-220 a shot. I think all I will have to move is the HDD which is in the 4-in-3 rack right now.

Thanks again all.

JN

Back