MCP655 Fails to Start

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
I've got a 1 year old MCP655-a (w/ speed control) that's in top-notch condition.

Sometimes, however, the pump fails to start up when 12v power is applied. Other times it will start up fine, then cut out a few minutes later.

It has never been run dry, and it's only been in use for ~4-7 hour days over the course of the last year - far from the MTBF specced on the pump.

Anyone ever had this issue before? I've taken a look at the PCB and although there's some dark-ish spots around the solder areas (could be flux from manufacturing), it looks fine.

Sounds like you have a bad pump. If it's only 1 year old, I think swiftech should replace it under warranty. Not sure how long their warranty is though.

Swiftech's warranty is for 2 years and it sounds like it is dying even though it's well within the MTBF.

Call Michelle at Swiftech, she will have you back in business in no time.

I've RMA to swiftech a couple of times and it has been totally painless.

They will cross-ship.:D

^That.. Their RMA process is pretty painless and they have a decent turn around time as well.

a MTFB isnt a guarantee or even a suggestion of any kind. its a rough average at best. there will always be parts that fail before the MTFB.

Back