McDonald’s Brilliant Interactive Billboard Campaign

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
McDonalds Sweden has instituted probably one of the most effective billboard advertising campaigns of all time. The instant draw is an digital billboard which is controlled by your own smartphone allowing you to join in the gameplay and win coupons for free food. All you need now is some weatherproof couches. :D

Figures it's in Europe.

No one tries doing awesome things like that in New York (or I haven't found it).

Seems like there would be a long wait until it was your turn to win a 99cent coupon.

who cares. just another way to get your dollar. i agree if mcdonalds food was healthy but its not.

Ever notice that McDonalds never show fat people in their commercials. When about 50% of USA are on the obese list.

I would pay to eat at this McDonalds in Stockholm. They even have good looking female employees with the correct number of chromosomes. At the McDonald’s in my town, it looks like they hired a bunch of mole people from the sewers. More importantly, who would pay 7-8 bucks for synthetic food at McDonalds in the first place when you can get Five Guys for roughly the same cost.

Why do people outside of the US always say MacDonalds? There's no a in there! Doesn't seem like an accent thing, but I suppose it could be.

If this was in newyork and you won. Someone would steal your phone for the free food :p

What do they call a quarter-pounder with cheese in Sweden?:p

I don't care as long as those chicks give it to me.

At my local McD's, everyone behind the counter is AT LEAST 200 lbs+ each. But at the Carl's Jr (Hardees) around here, everyone behind the counter speaks Spanish so it might be regional.

I would pay to eat at this McDonalds in Stockholm. They even have good looking female employees with the correct number of chromosomes. At the McDonald’s in my town, it looks like they hired a bunch of mole people from the sewers. More importantly, who would pay 7-8 bucks for synthetic food at McDonalds in the first place when you can get Five Guys for roughly the same cost.

Oh man... Five Guys is AWESOME. Easily the best burgers anywhere. I only wish there was one near me.

What do they call a quarter-pounder with cheese in Sweden?:p

En quarter-pound med ost.

Yes they are called quarter-pound even though most people don't know how much a pound is. Sorry no Royale with cheese or anything like that. Pretty much all fast food is in English in Sweden. For example it's a Spicy Italian sub at Subway. Even in grocery stores there is a lot of English because it sounds cool. If you want to launch a new product in Sweden to a market of anyone below 35 you better have an English name or people will think it is uncool. For as much as people claim they hate the US, there are few countries that are so in love with everything American to the point where Swedish language and culture is considered by some the same as redneck culture is in the US, to be for backwater towns.

You think the Swedish names at IKEA sounds cool, but here more and more places have English names on things even if it's a Swedish company. Say what you will about the French and how they refuse to learn English, but at least they have some frickin respect for their own culture. The silly thing is that most Swedes would not stand the real US. The US culture we have here is about the same as the Chinese culture in China Town, it's filtered through our own.

Sweden. Blondes. Mmmm mmm good.

Just a picture of completely random* girls here in Sweden.

SwedishGirls.jpg

*sample may not be representative of the whole population.

As a result of dieting, and seeing that a big mac will not rot for almost a month and froes dont appear to rot at all, I haven't eaten at McDonalds for almost two years.

PONG???? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Now if it were Duke Nukem Forerver....!

Welcome to the 21st century??? :D

Pretty cool actually, as I almost never go to McDonalds, as I think their food tastes horrible, if I had the chance to win a free coke or a free ice cream I would try it.

Ever notice that McDonalds never show fat people in their commercials. When about 50% of USA are on the obese list.

Perhaps true, but when you dig deeper, you see that the way that obeseity is defined by the governement, people such as Michel Jordan, Shaq, and other athletes, are all obese by the definition, because the guidelines dont take factors like body build, height ect. into account. If you want to make blanket statements and then throw accusations of obeseity around you should perhaps know what the hell you are talking about.

I also point you to the movie fat head, which unlike the media darling Morgan Spearmen will show you his research and sources.

Gay music, gay scene. gay phone...... I was waiting for the part where to males come and hump each other :/

Just kidding. I own an iphone. The ad is pretty cool.

Nope. It's at most 1/3 and probably closer to 30%.

No, more people are blaming pituitary issues while holding a 4-patty burger from Burger King.

Over hyped, they are good, but they aren't cheap, and they aren't as good as In 'N' Out.

Completely disagree, but I only have one Five Guys to compare to one In N Out. We have a local Five Guys here, and when I went in for the first time it was crowded and noisy, but the prices were fair, the burgers were downright excellent, the service was fast, and the fries were tasty and in a generous portion.

On the other hand, I've had friends hyping In N Out as simply amazing for years, and I always wanted to try one. Finally we stopped at one in Vegas on our way to Long Beach (mini vacation about a year and a half ago). Was not impressed. The burger was ok. The fries were ok. The service was ok. After all the hype I heard about In N Out over the years, I was expecting more than simply "OK". Five Guys on the other hand was quite impressive, as long as you get it to go. :D

McDonald's is cool around here because all the drink sizes are $1, and the service at all three of our local McDonald's is surprisingly friendly. Not my favorite food, but it's impressive to get consistently friendly service at a fast food chain, and for some reason our local McDonald's sites do better than I'd ever expect.

Not to mention kids seem to love McDonald's for some reason, mine included.

Over hyped, they are good, but they aren't cheap, and they aren't as good as In 'N' Out.
agreed. I tried five guys a while back and was completely underwhelmed. Wasnt bad but tasted like any other old fashioned style burger joint. I'll eat at In n Out any day over that.

As far as Mcdonalds I have sworn off eating there except for their french fries that i get a craving for every once and a while. I eat healthy for the most part so if I'm going to slip off its sure as hell is not going to be some lame, generic burger.

Back