McAfee or Norton?

Personally I like Norton. I've used Mcrapee once before and was no impressed. Norton is awesome, though for the Personal Firewall I dislike the Home Networking portion, i have to add my network range to the "trusted" group.

if your going for pure antivirus, get avg free....its FREE and much better than norton..

why?

it finds and deletes trojans, worms beside virii....^^ :p

I've always used Norton, and never had any problems.
The biggest issue I have with it is what ktk said.
It sucks at finding trojans and malware. Most other AV packages find some, but at least the Corp Ed sucks at it.
Supposedly the next generation, Corp Ver 10, is supposed to have it included. But right now I have to run a spyware scanner at the same time as my AV, which seems kinda redundant.

I'm an AVG Free user. It's very light on resources and has free automatic updates. Regardless, it is still wise to use a separate trojan detector (a-squared) and spyware detector (spybot S&D). No one program can catch every piece of malware that's out there.

I've used Norton, and really disliked it. It's a total resource hog and a pain to uninstall. It also sometimes interfered with my usage of trusted programs.

I haven't used McAfee, so I reserve judgement.

What are you asking? Both these companies make different tools. The first that comes to mind is AV software but since you posted in the Network section, I am guessing you are asking about Internet Security software.

neither. Both of their home AV don't work very well. I prefer Trend Micro AV.

Um... I know Norton and Mcafees detection rates are horrible, Kaspersky antivirus has one of the highest detection rates.

kaspersky.com I think.

yea im hating the resources that they both take up. Norton seems to detect and warn me about more trojans than Mc Afee ever did. ill look into the other AVs and net security packages

I tried AVG, norton, mcafee, trend micor and NOD32 and by far the best Ive found has been NOD32. Almost daily updates, light footprint and very fast scan. Give the trial a go and see how you like it.

Linux? Best antivirus I've ever used :) Never had a problem with worms, viruses (virii is the wrong spelling.), trojans, spyware, adware, etc.

Linux = teh junk.

Ide rather use Windows.

Like I said though, Kaspersky is awesome.

Back