MC vs DC

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone have any thoughts on this as compared to SC IV?

Seems to be getting some pretty decent praise from the reviewers, but how about any personal experiences?

It's okay. I won't give it any more praise than that. It's fun in the fact that you can fight with the MK major characters that we all know and love, as well as some of the DC greats. But as a fighter game in general, it gets a strong "meh" rating from me. Went back to MK: Armageddon for some better MK action.

The only problem I had with it was there was less blood than I expected. MK is supposed to be brutal, this one isn't.

I love it, harks back to the better MK days of 2 and 3 combat wise. All the nerd bitching about the characters is way off IMO too as the DC characters fit in well. It isn't as gruesome as past MK games but that hardly detracts from the fighting mechanics. I just hope we get some more characters in DLC :D

Worth a rent to see what you think first as it has divided alot of ppls opinions.

thats cause its only rated t instead of m

On that note, how come they decided to go with T? Want a wider audience? It is sad to see MK move away from the brutality I've come to enjoy.

I don't have this game yet, it's on my GameFly Q list (it's under low availability right now). I can't freakin wait to get it, jeez

multiplayer is more fun than sp imo. there is always tons of people playing.

MK vs DC is a teen rated Mortal Kombat game.

I'm definitely going to play it, if for nothing more than the novelty. The only thing more amazing than this game's existence is the fact that it doesn't suck.

a T rated MK destroys the point of the game. It's supposed to have excessively gory fatalities.

thats cause its only rated t instead of m

T rating is probably coming from the fact that DC comics is involved. Most of their comics with the flagship carriers are targeted towards the teen and younger crowd. Batman is sometimes an exception.

^^^^^
I read that it was in the agreement from day 1. In order for DC to be involved it had to get a T or lower rating.

STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD! I WANT THE GAME AHHH, damn GameFly has it on Low availability :(

I've read a few articles that said they had to cut back fatality gore a few times to get the t rating :(

^^^^^
I read that it was in the agreement from day 1. In order for DC to be involved it had to get a T or lower rating.

I say you are right. This is just some side game.
I'm totally OK with them doing this, as long as the main franchise stays true to its BLOODY roots!

Many franchises have side games. Look at Castlevania Judgement. Castlevania characters, but it sure as hell aint Castlevania.

how can Superman even be in this game? ... how do they account for him being on par with the Joker overall strength wise? :confused:

Back