MBP Battery issues

holybonkers

Limp Gawd
So for the majority of the summer I pretty much used my MBP as a desktop and had it hooked up to the charger the entire time, hardly ever letting it empty out. Now that I'm back at school I've been using it as a laptop again and I've noticed that the battery has been having problems. Lately it powers off without warning, even when there is still quite a bit of charge left.

I checked the recall on Apple's website and unfortunately mine wasn't one of the batteries recalled (although I bought the laptop at the same time). Is the battery bugging out because I haven't been cycling it properly? I tried re-calibrating the a few times but I've seen little to no improvement.

What do you guys think? Is there anything I can do to save it or should I try getting a replacement?

Well I'd certainly try running it through a few full discharge/recharge cycles to see if it shapes back up, but you may ultimately need a new battery. Laptop and cell phone batteries seem to have become rather fickle things these days. :(

-Brian

Call AppleCare. They'll cross-ship you a new one as long as you're still under warranty.

Back