• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

MAZE4 Gpu block top comparo

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
4,772
what is the original maze4 top made out of .. copper?

is there a huge diff in corrsion between the traditional top and acetal or brass?

thanks,

mal
 
Yep, the first top I had was blue aluminum for the 6600GT. Luckily, I bought a 6800GT a few months later so it was replaced with the black Actel version.
 
Original Aluminium Top (available in black, blue, green, purple, red, chrome, brass, with 1/4" NPT epoxied fittings)

alitop.jpg

aliflip.jpg



Latest Revision Delrin / Acetal Top (black only, available pre2006 with 9/16-18UNF HiFlow O-Ring fittings, and 2006 onwards with G1/4" PerfectSeal O-Ring fittings)

delrintop.jpg

delrinflip.jpg



Presence of a threaded hole in the red-circled positions means it'll fit 6800, 7800, X1800, X1900.

Delrin / Acetal topped model WILL NOT corrode. It isn't metal. Aluminium top WILL corrode if you neglect to use proper anticorrosive additives at the right ratios, refreshing the coolant as frequently as the additive manufacturer states.
 
man thanks for that

i picked up a low profile acetal maze4 with 1/2 and 3/8 barbs and hardware for 2pin and 4pin designs for 30 shipped...

cheers,

mal
 
who cares how it feels .. if it performs correctly and doens't corrode or fall apart

mal
 
I dnt udnerstand how people think that acetel (delrin) feels cheap... I mean, I could see if it was some kind of injection molded part feeling cheap, but when it's machined outta a solid chunk of material, just feels nice to me.
 
sonnybobiche said:
Yeah but this acetal version (it's in my system right now) feels a little cheap, no?
Errr... No. I love my acetal top, and it feels 100% solid to me.
 
Back
Top