• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mayhem Blitz cleaning kit expiration?

Ikasu

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,833
Unfortunately Mayhem doesn't have twitter, opened a ticket, but no idea how long it will take them to respond. But has anyone had experience with using the Blitz cleaning kits that have been sitting around for a while? I have a part 1 bottle from 3 years ago, and a part 2 bottle from a year and a half ago. Wondering if it's safe to use, anyone used any old blitz? Any issues?
 
I just found this on Mayhems YT video:

"How to Clean your Copper / Brass radiator using Mayhems Blitz cleaning system or using vinegar and Bicarbonate of soda aka Baking soda. Mayhems Updated stronger Blitz Kits are available direct at www.mayhems.net or from a reliable retailer such as www.overclockers.co.uk www.caseking.de www.modmymods.com www.performance-pcs.com Liquid Gaming - shorturl.at/fjJLO (amazon Free delivery in UK)"

Personally I wouldn't use it if it's several years old. I'd use white vinegar and distilled water. Is your loop stained?
 
Using soft tubing considering how often I switch parts. Once AM5 hits, I'll go hard loop for a more permanent system. Going to be using new soft tubing for my upcoming build once my 5950x gets to me, so staining isn't a issue. Got a new rad coming in, which is why I was interested in reusing my part 1 from 3 years ago. Then a system cleanse and prep for the new build when it's all assembled with part 2 which is around a year and a half old now. I'm using a solid pastel from EK for my new build, used mayhem pastel for my current one, which is why I don't want to use distilled water and vinegar. From looking around on the net in the past, most users I saw that had gunk build up or separation in their liquid used water/vinegar as their prep, or no prep at all. Those who used blitz tended to keep their pastel solid in good form. This is just my 2 cents on it though, not a concrete fact, but considering my pastel white has lasted roughly 3 years without any separation/discoloration, makes me want to use blitz again.

Probably going to wait till mayhem responds to my ticket, then either use it if all is good, or buy a new set to use.
 
I remember wayy back i used mayhem's one time. The crap jelled up in my loop and it was a nightmare washing it out from my blocks & rads. Stained up the tubing too. I never used anything like that again. If I want color, I'll use colored tubing and LED lights. Distilled water and biocide only from then on. It's been well over a decade and it's all I use.

Good luck.
 
Just got word from the ticket. Just in case anyone ever comes across this situation. 3 Year shelf life, if stored well, max 5 years. Considering mine has been in a box in my closet this entire time and not exposed to light, guess I'm good to go when my rad arrives in the next three days ^_^.
 
Back
Top