Maybe i missed it but... EVGA bought and is selling the "killer nic"

Its not a bad product, its just not worth the money they are charging for it. If it was $50 I'd take one. Its like on board sound vs dedicated.

It's a niche product, aimed at specific purposes. Though if you are drowning in money it could help offload some CPU cycles to hardware and reduce latency that way :)

It's a niche product, aimed at specific purposes. Though if you are drowning in money it could help offload some CPU cycles to hardware and reduce latency that way :)

Or with a M1 you could run linux apps of the card...I always say I run Windux.
(We even used my M1 to identify a bug with VDSL2+, Vista and FireCrap at my work)

Just like the i7 isn't for everyone, neither is the KillerNiC...

+1 for all these comments.

With EVGA backing I wouldn't be surprised if they start throwing these in with their high end motherboards. I would use one at that point if it were a bundled item. With that in mind, the prices will probably start to drop now that they have a backer like EVGA that does a lot of volume.

^^ that would be interesting, i guess i just never figured EVGA for going for this product, they would just make their own kind of things if it was needed or a good seller, maybe they got a good deal on the company:)

Back