kraemer007
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2005
- Messages
- 120
So lets supposed I want to have a fully physics based world. This means I would have to be able to tessellate and deform all the geometry in the game world. Is this even possible with current or next generation 3d hardware? Think about it, this is why grenades dont work right in games. They would literally have to have the ability to "damage" and deform ANYTHING in the game.
The same goes for fluids. Sure, the Ageia can do the computations for fluid dynamics, but can the videocard really handle all the polygons needed for a big splashy blob of flowing water whose outer surface is tesselated a zillion times a second?
Before anybody goes lynching Ageia I think they are going to expose a lot of weaknesses in the way we generate 3d objects. I can almost smell the resurgence of the voxel!!!
The same goes for fluids. Sure, the Ageia can do the computations for fluid dynamics, but can the videocard really handle all the polygons needed for a big splashy blob of flowing water whose outer surface is tesselated a zillion times a second?
Before anybody goes lynching Ageia I think they are going to expose a lot of weaknesses in the way we generate 3d objects. I can almost smell the resurgence of the voxel!!!