Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I plan to run a SSD boot drive off it eventually.As far as thunderbolt goes I don't give a crap about it. I guess I just don't need faster time machine backups.
I plan to run a SSD boot drive off it eventually.![]()
I'd say yes:
![]()
Correct me if im wrong but in theory shouldn't u be able to connect two monitors to one thunderbolt port using its daisy chaining feature, assuming that said theoretical monitor with native thunderbolt support (ie without an adapter) existed. Like mabey the new apple cinema displays?? maybe..possibly..??![]()
Correct me if im wrong but in theory shouldn't u be able to connect two monitors to one thunderbolt port using its daisy chaining feature, assuming that said theoretical monitor with native thunderbolt support (ie without an adapter) existed. Like mabey the new apple cinema displays?? maybe..possibly..??![]()
tldr - iMacs now require a Thunderbolt source for external video sources. Mini-DisplayPort will not do since the iMacs use the new connector. The only devices that do this at the moment are 2011 Macbook Pros and iMacs. PCs will hopefully be putting Thunderbolt connectors in later this year.
We will see if third party adapters address the issue of converting a miniDP or DVI source to Thunderbolt, just as they did converting DVI to mini-DP. I imagine that they will as there will be money to be made from such adapters. Until then, the restrictions from the new connector will disappoint some people. I don't know how many people use target display mode, but I use it every day since my iMac is also the main display for my gaming PC. It is a gorgeous monitor.
Hopefully there will be an adapter to enable non-Thunderbolt sources to work with the new iMacs. Until then,![]()
the 6970M is a 6850 Desktop part. So I would say it has a fair advantage.Hi guys,
Does anyone know how the 6970M would stack up against say a 4890? I haven't been able to find any good benchmarks to compare how this does versus a desktop card.
I do believe I read somewhere that only company w/ a Thunderbolt license for a while is Apple.
It appears as though these little iMacs are the first to use the Intel Z68 chipset. Very interesting move to say the least.
Exactly. Meaning at least a year till we get even the possibility to use the iMac as a display for a gaming PC.Apple has a year head start on the tech. That doesnt mean its exclusive to Apple.
It appears as though these little iMacs are the first to use the Intel Z68 chipset. Very interesting move to say the least.
Details on this?
Someday... I'll get out of school and have money for one of these beasts!
Sidenote... Why can't Dell make something like this?
HP's machines are better than the Dells, they are actully fairly well regarded by customers.
The specs in that 610 are far from low, not top end but a i7 quad core, dedicated Radeon 5570, up to 16GB of RAM, 2 TB hard drive, and BD drive as options and the screen in the one reviewed in the link I pasted was considered very good and in addition to Windows 7 there's a very nice touch UI layer that's pretty damned nice, not to mention that on a screen this size touch works perfectly even in Windows 7. If this this had an active pen digitizer it would basically be a Cintq.
The 6970M is based off the 6850 desktop but with lower clocks. Performance should be imo ~12% less than a 6850 desktop, however I can't be sure of that.Hi guys,
Does anyone know how the 6970M would stack up against say a 4890? I haven't been able to find any good benchmarks to compare how this does versus a desktop card.
The 6970M is based off the 6850 desktop but with lower clocks. Performance should be imo ~12% less than a 6850 desktop, however I can't be sure of that.