• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Maxtor Diamond10 HELP!

GGtW

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
164
Just got a new diamond 10, 16mb 300 gb HD. Go to install windows, I have trouble first couple times, keep getting blue screen errors. After some further attempts I install windows and setup, but it's only reading it as 127 GB. :|
Any suggestions?
Windows pro, fresh install.
 
There's a known issue with the DM10 and nForce4 mobos, search here on the DM10 a lil. There's a firmware fix from Maxtor that seems to work, but I wasn't totally sure on if it was a total fix or not, and the flashing method seemed a hassle because you can't do it on that mobo, from what I'd read from people that had done it at dfi-street.com. So I ended up getting some SATAII drives and made my DM10 an external USB drive for MP3s. :)
 
My Windows Cd was a tech version, reuseable cd key, etc..So no I dont think it has SP2 on it.. Any other way to get firm ware then to call a motherboard company? Seems like the only answer I found.
 
Well, if you don't have SP2, that could be one reason. Windows needs to support 48-bit LBA access to see more than 127GB. There any way you can get the update?
 
This thread has links to a few really handy tools for slipstreaming service packs and other stuff into your Windows disk. Once you install SP2 (IIRC) the rest will become available (as free space to put a second partition on in disk management), but if you want it all together from the start, you'll need a slipstream.

 
Back
Top