Maxtor 1Tb - L01F1000 - $169.99 regular price

Maxtor Corporation was an American manufacturer of computer hard disk drives founded in 1982 and acquired by Seagate in 2006. As of December 2005, just prior to the acquisition, Maxtor was the world's third-largest manufacturer of hard disks. It now operates as a subsidiary of Seagate.

Seems like its seagate's little brother.

Seems like its seagate's little brother.

I believe they are the 'budget' line from Seagate; decent deal though, I've got a couple of Maxtor's that have been running strong for 6 or so years in a file server, (OS Drive only.)

Seagate = Maxtor, no?
Yep. Maxtor drives are just Seagate drives now. Even the model numbers printed on the Maxtor drives are Seagate models. The difference is a 3 year warranty vs 5 year.

For example, the "DiamondMax 22" 1TB drive is a Seagate STM31000340AS.

I believe they are the 'budget' line from Seagate; decent deal though, I've got a couple of Maxtor's that have been running strong for 6 or so years in a file server, (OS Drive only.)

well you believe wrong, maxtor was their own company before being bought out by seagate not very long ago.

Same deal going on for a Samsung drive I believe, would much rather go for that one.

Why would you want a Samsung over a Seagate?

well you believe wrong, maxtor was their own company before being bought out by seagate not very long ago.

I know they were their own company; I'm talking after the buyout, (which is why the Maxtor brand name is still around,) to fill the budget sector.

Samsung makes pretty good products? Even though they are owned by Seagate, doesn't mean they are made at the same quality.

Samsung makes pretty good products? Even though they are owned by Seagate, doesn't mean they are made at the same quality.

They are made to the exact same specs, if not in the exact same factory! Why would you post such an enlightening reason?:rolleyes:

I've had a number of Maxtor drives over the years. Never had a problem with any of them.

Never EVER had a problem with Samsung, recently bought some Maxtor 500GB drives and they shit the bed, while I've owned similar Seagate ones and they are still going strong.

Back