soundblaster augity 4
dfi lanparty nf4 ut
dvd player
250wat thermaltake gpu power supply
500 wat system psu
80gb wd ide hd
zalaman 7700cu+
(+) possible change
Story is i finaly just moved up from agp and now i have a x800xl that is beaing sold to another member here, he was willing to give me 80 bucks for it. My question is what would be the best thing to invest in for my computer. I was thinking of trading out my 512 for a 1gig so i can have duel channel 2gigs or investing in a TEC cooler for my X2 cuz my overclock is crippled by temps, what do you think the best thing would be for my computer

Switch out for more ram, or sell your system and purchase a newer one. You can also replace your motherboard and switch to DDR2. Unless your temps are in the upper 60s, lower 70s at full load or idle, I wouldn't give a heatsink more priority than more RAM.

Switch out for more ram, or sell your system and purchase a newer one. You can also replace your motherboard and switch to DDR2. Unless your temps are in the upper 60s, lower 70s at full load or idle, I wouldn't give a heatsink more priority than more RAM.

Hes got an X1900 and an Athlon 64 X2 and ur telling him to buy a new PC?
Please dont give anymore advice.

The only thing u can do right now.. is exactly what u have already said. Although, at 2.4Ghz there isnt too much point in overclocking it anymore as its not a bottleneck to anything.
If u want to run 2GB in dual-channel, u will have to puchase identical RAM - same speed, latency and manufacturer and hope that it works.

The thing that would most boost ur performance would be buying an HR-03 cooler for ur graphics card. Overclocking the graphics card is the only thing that would yield better performance in games, since the graphics card is the only beneficial piece of hardware in ur PC.

buy a new computer:D my mom is getting paid by the city to move and were getting extra money but for now
well what about a tec cooler? cuz my X2 @ 1.43voltz getts to about 66 after need for speed carbon. so im sure there is some room for my processor. i was also thinking of getting a new cooler for my graphics card my 1900gt gets up to 73C sometimes and the fan is loud!

Back