• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Maximum Rage - HD 4870x2 scaling

DeadSkull

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
4,482
Hi
Just finished installing Windows Vista x64 ultimate in hopes that I can finally get this damn HD 4870x2 to scale properly in Crysis / WH. Traded a good overclocking HD 4890 for this HD 4870x2 about three weeks ago and Im really enjoying the multi gpu ATI driver support. In XP pro sp3 not only did crysis scale worth a shit (it felt like I was playing on a single hd 4870) but older games such as RA2 and Halo would crash out of nowhere. Also whenever I got flashbanged in CS:S my whole view would shake made as the flash wore off. This was after using the latest updated driver cleaner to sweep for ati/nv drivers both in normal / safe modes and several different ati whql drivers (9.4,9.3,9.2, 8.6).

So now after doing a whole clean OS install and using the latest 9.5WHQL drivers of ATI site Crysis WH still runs like shit?
I tried both 32 bit / 64 bit dx10s as well as 64 bit dx9 and still warhead ran like crap.

Seriosly, any ideas?
 
lol Im not trying to max Crysis.

Anyways I think I solved it, I thought Catalyst AI was supposed to be off. Turned it on to advanced and instead of fps in the teens in the first mission Im getting 25+. Trying to play 1920x1200 Enthusiast DX 10 here, no way was I supposed to be getting 16fps in the first level with a hd 4870x2.

AFAIK turning Catalyst AI off stops CF from working.
 
Ye, catalyst A.I needs to be set to advanced for crossfire to work properly, also needs to be run fullscreen for 3d clocks.

This calls for a
facepalm.jpg
 
Crysis runs like total ass period, and doesn't scale well to multi-GPUs

Here's the thing, don't worry about FPS so much in Crysis. Crack motion blur to max and as long as you're getting > 20 FPS it'll appear quite smooth.
 
Crysis runs like total ass period, and doesn't scale well to multi-GPUs

Here's the thing, don't worry about FPS so much in Crysis. Crack motion blur to max and as long as you're getting > 20 FPS it'll appear quite smooth.

It runs pretty good now actually. I can even play with 4xAA and my mins are usually at 20 fps or higher now. There are some weird scaling issues such as whenever I would pace back n forth in front of a window in a building structure.
 
Last edited:
I see you want good performance out of your 4870x2. But as said, Crysis performance is basically worthless. I mean who just plays crysis all day. Other games look almost as good and run way better
 
Back
Top