• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

maximum pc feb 2011 page 42

samsung

n00b
Joined
Dec 29, 2010
Messages
45
maximum pc: one big question is whether lga1155 will exist only for sandy bridge. there have been rumors of moving the new xeon socket lga2011, with its quad-channel memory, to consumers later this year, "but we understand that intel is now considering going back to a single-socket lineup. lga 1366 will be supported with updates this year, but after that, lga 1155 could be the only game in town."

wtf? is intel thinking on abandoning socket 2011?
 
Did I ever mention how much I hate computers? I just upgraded to a LGA1366 thinking they would make new chips for at least another year.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 
Did I ever mention how much I hate computers? I just upgraded to a LGA1366 thinking they would make new chips for at least another year.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

LMAO! I feel your pain brother. Every time I buy something, something newer, better, cheaper and cooler comes out like a week later. You can't win.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
We all knew SB was coming soon, pay more attention. I waited to upgrade.
 
wtf? is intel thinking on abandoning socket 2011?
Of course. And it was something MaximumPC figured out all by itself before press time. :rolleyes:

eta: In case you don't get the sarcasm, I think Gordon Mah Ung is an idiot for making that statement. The first pictures of LGA 2011 desktop boards have begun to leak this week. Nothing indicated that Intel was or is cancelling LGA 2011. His "understanding" was just completely wrong.
 
Last edited:
what do you guys think? good to buy sb new 1155? how is the "roadmap" for this now?
 
There is always something better in the future. LGA 2011 is nearly a year away, can you bear to wait that long?
 
There is always something better in the future. LGA 2011 is nearly a year away, can you bear to wait that long?

Yep... I see no need whatsoever to rebuild my computer any time soon. Maybe a video card, an SSD or two, and maybe even some more RAM.. but CPU and motherboard... not for a while unless BD completely wipes the floor with Intel like when they came out with the A64.
 
Yep... I see no need whatsoever to rebuild my computer any time soon. Maybe a video card, an SSD or two, and maybe even some more RAM.. but CPU and motherboard... not for a while unless BD completely wipes the floor with Intel like when they came out with the A64.

Yeah and even if it does wipe the floor for gamers it won't matter because most would be seriously GPU bottlenecked. A current quad at 4.0 is cheap and good enough for pretty much all current GPU setups no?
 
It may be a statement of ignorance and likely is. I have no reason to doubt the release of LGA2011. The question will be how popular will it be? 1155 is already pushing processors north of $300 (2600k) and the average MB is $150-$200. That covers most of the market. I'm not saying people won't buy it, but like with midrange GPUs ($150-$250), they make up most of the discrete market.

Count on the cheapest LGA2011 being around 2600k prices and entry level MBs around the high end 1155s. The next cheapest LGA2011 will likely be around $500 if Intel keeps their usual pricing strategy. Who knows what "K"s will sell for or even if they will be offered at the low end (1155 doesn't).
 
Back
Top