• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Maximise Console View?

iterx78

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Messages
8
So I finally managed to installed ESXi 5.0 and installed server 2008 r2 into it, and got myself a vm that I could play and test the heck out of it. The only problem that I can't seem to find a solution for is that in the console view, the guest os is only using part of the space for my viewing, as in there is a large portion of black space border around it. Viewing in full screen also have the same issue.

How do I retify this issue? vmware workstation have a autofit function but I can't seem to find a similar function for esxi, nor can I find any solution on the web. Any help would be appreciated in advance, thanks.
 
Don't know 5, but in 4 its dependent on what resolution you set in the guest OS. Try setting it to your desktop res and see what happens.
 
So I finally managed to installed ESXi 5.0 and installed server 2008 r2 into it, and got myself a vm that I could play and test the heck out of it. The only problem that I can't seem to find a solution for is that in the console view, the guest os is only using part of the space for my viewing, as in there is a large portion of black space border around it. Viewing in full screen also have the same issue.

How do I retify this issue? vmware workstation have a autofit function but I can't seem to find a similar function for esxi, nor can I find any solution on the web. Any help would be appreciated in advance, thanks.

Change the resolution in the display settings of the VM.
 
Back
Top