Maximinzing a window vertically by double clicking its edge

Tecagaste

n00b
Hello,

I've been able to use a windows feature since Windows 7 (using Windows 10 now). If you place your mouse pointer at either vertical edge of a window and double click you are able to expand that window vertically to the edges of the screen.

Where can I toggle this setting in the operating system? I am able to do this on my desktop but for whatever reason, I cannot do it on my laptop. Both systems are running windows 10. One was a clean install while the laptop was an upgrade so I'm not sure if thats the possible cause or not.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Thank you.

That's never been possible with a vertical edge. Do you mean the horizontal ones?

If for some reason double-clicking a vertical border (top or bottom) doesn't expand it to fill the screen vertically, you can always click-drag the top or bottom border to the top or bottom of the screen and it'll do the same thing. As for some kind of toggle to control this type of action, I've never seen or heard of such a thing myself meaning a toggle of any kind, I think it's just enabled and that's that. And yes, it does work at least for me with Windows 7, pretty sure it's part of 8/8.1 and now Windows 10 as well. I've never bothered with the double-click action, I just click-drag the top or bottom border whenever I want a window vertically maximized.

And I think by "vertical edge" the OP means the top or bottom one since they're in the vertical sense but they appear horizontal in a visual sense.

And I think by "vertical edge" the OP means the top or bottom one since they're in the vertical sense but they appear horizontal in a visual sense.
LqK3VNB.png

Guess you never had to tune an older tv
Vertical is the side, Horizontal is top and bottom.

But to make it easier if you double click the title bar it should expand to fill screen

Back