Max voltage on Intel Bloomfield's

Zendoren

n00b
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
12
I've been an avid AMD user for the better part of a decade, however, when Intel announced QPI, I promptly reconsidered my next build.

My question is simple, What are the absolute max voltages that can be used with the Bloomfield CPUs?

I would like to OC the memory and the Cores but I've been a little gun shy with the voltages!

Thanks,
Zen
 
From what I read (in other user forums), it's somewhere between 1.4V and 1.5V for the currently available D0 stepping. Unfortunately, LGA 1366 is due to be replaced in the second half of 2011 by the high-end version of Sandy Bridge, which will use an entirely different socket (LGA 2011). And the currently available i7-960 will be the last "new" Bloomfield CPU ever introduced; there will be no new Bloomfields to be introduced. In fact, the only "new" CPU for LGA 1366 that will be introduced in between now and the discontinuation of LGA 1366 will be a Core i7 Extreme i7-995X, which is a Gulftown and not a Bloomfield.
 
Last edited:
According to Intel:

i7extreme.jpg


vDimm needs to be no more than 0.50v from VVT. Would recommend setting a little lower (I prefer 0.40) for what gets put in the bios and what actually is delivered.
 
Back
Top