Max V core for the Pressy?

BitchBreaker

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 3.2e..in sig,and id like to know what is the max safe V core for them?I remember the northwood's dieing after 1.7v and such...so whats the pressy's max v core?

If I'm correct, Prescotts love voltage. But, before doing anything, I would suggest getting the advice of more knowledgable people from around here. I have a 3.2 E myself, but I think I need a new heatsink for it...

It's kinda hot. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Well i have no problem with heat..I can put a HSF on it..Water it..or phase change it ;) i just want to know the max v core i can pump into the beast.

Wow, a lot of people from Georgia in this post :p

Anyways yeah, prescotts can take very high voltages, but only with the right cooling! You don't want to fry it. ;) I would find out a little more if I were you before going to the xtreme with your voltages though.

Ga owns? :eek: LOL.....i have no problem with cooling my baby..its the mav V core i can use that im wanting to know....

Im not sure on the max voltage on the prescott.. but I know im having problems the temps on my PWM when I start to crank the voltage. Hopefully someone will say how much these chips can take.

1.65v would = about 1.95v in XP terms and that would be pushing it. So I would definitely not go beyond that on air.

Oh and look where I'm living. :cool:

I have no limit on cooling....as in..NONE..i build phase change units in my mod shop..i have water gear....what i want is the max V core b4 the pressy starts to die...

I haven't heard reliable data on this. I can tell you that mine has been runnin at 4.1-4.2 with a 1.5 (sometimes 1.55) vcore for a couple months now.

I've heard 1.6 is the Intel prescribed hard limit, but I don't have verification on that.

I know when i overclocked my 3.4E with 1.600 it ran fine but anything after that it wouldn't boot. I think the intel limit is at 1.600 too. IMO this thread should of originally been posted in the overclocking and cooling section, you would of had lots of answers.

I've had my Prescott 3.4 at 1.65 once and it posted, but was not stable. FSB was 250 (4.25 GHz) though, and I didn't try a low FSB with that vcore. Does look like a physical limit in that neighborhood.

What FSB did you have when it wouldn't post at >1.6v?

i can do 250 x 16 @ stock v core..but i was trying for a MAX oc..my limit now is the mobo, 1.6v post fine but anything past that wont post. I have taken this chip to 275 fsb at 1.6 100% stable on water..gona build a 2 stage phasechange then go for some more oc..meh..i might just build a good single stage..who knows?

Back