• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Max safe vdimm on core I7

valinor

n00b
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
27
Hi guys, is 1.675 Vdimm safe? I', curious about how far I can push my ram that is rated at 1333 mhz, but to get it to boot into windows I have to put vdim @ 1.675 vdim rather than 1.65. I will be doing this with aircooling, so is this safe? or will I fry my cpu? I know Intel says not to go past 1.65 as max safe vdimm on core I7, but has anyone gone past this as a24/7 OC?
 
Your VDIMM has top be within .5 of uncore to be safe above 1.65. Nut why are you interested in overclocking your RAM? in triple channel you should already have far more than enough memory bandwidth for completing any task.
 
Your VDIMM has top be within .5 of uncore to be safe above 1.65. Nut why are you interested in overclocking your RAM? in triple channel you should already have far more than enough memory bandwidth for completing any task.

New to this... Is it only if your VDIMM is above 1.65(As it doesn't have to match if it's lower) that it matters that the uncore has to be with .05?
 
I believe so. You can damage the processor above that. Its made to go with 1.65 or lower.
 
Back
Top