• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

max & optimal voltages for 2600k?

avatar[djedi]

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
195
Hey guys, I didn't see this clearly spelled out...

What are the maximum voltages allowed/recommended for a 2600k processor? (I recall someone mentioning a max safe voltage of 1.52v... but it was anecdotal evidence i believe...)


Does an increased voltage shorten the lifespan? If so, are there any numerical guidelines for how much it is shortened? e.g. @1.5v lifespan is shortened aproximately 40%. @1.35v lifespan is shortened 10%, etc.

Thanks!
 
avatar[djedi];1036774439 said:
Hey guys, I didn't see this clearly spelled out...

What are the maximum voltages allowed/recommended for a 2600k processor? (I recall someone mentioning a max safe voltage of 1.52v... but it was anecdotal evidence i believe...)


Does an increased voltage shorten the lifespan? If so, are there any numerical guidelines for how much it is shortened? e.g. @1.5v lifespan is shortened aproximately 40%. @1.35v lifespan is shortened 10%, etc.

Thanks!

i highly doubt even if you shortened its life span by running 1.52v that you will even own that chip anymore.
 
avatar[djedi];1036774439 said:
Hey guys, I didn't see this clearly spelled out...

What are the maximum voltages allowed/recommended for a 2600k processor? (I recall someone mentioning a max safe voltage of 1.52v... but it was anecdotal evidence i believe...)


Does an increased voltage shorten the lifespan? If so, are there any numerical guidelines for how much it is shortened? e.g. @1.5v lifespan is shortened aproximately 40%. @1.35v lifespan is shortened 10%, etc.

Thanks!

Nothing Anecdotal about this....

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578688
 
No one knows for sure. That white paper in the thread linked is just the maximum VID the chip can request - doesn't have anything to do with the actual max safe voltage. Only time will tell.
 
Back
Top