• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

max o/c on a 9700 pro

demons9872

Gawd
Joined
Aug 18, 2003
Messages
935
OK well i got mine of ebay about a year ago now im thinking it was a 9500 flashed to 9700 pro i ran ati tool and got a clock speed of 364.50/295.31 is that a decent o/c could prolly do more but ati tool takes to dam long. the reason im thinking it was a 9500 is 1 becuase the power connector isnt @ the end of the card its behind the mem and the sticker on it wich i never bothered to look @ says 9500pro. but whatever i got a really good deal either way. just wondering what every one else got.
 
my 9700pro runs at 375/335 with Ati silencer. beyond this i start getting artifacts.
 
IIRC 9700Pro stock speeds from all vendors were 325core/310mem

sounds to me like someone pulled some shens if thats all ATi tool can get =\

edited for grammar police :rolleyes:
 
ok well now i got my card o/ced to 374/310 i know 310 is stock mem speed for a 9700 but i dont wanna go any higher cause i dont have any cooling on them but question. why am i still getting a lil uinder 10k in 3dmark01
machine specs
abit-kd7r mobo
amd 2400+@2.115ghz
512mb spectek pc 2700
radeon 9500pro with 9700pro bios 8 pipelines r300core
400watt no name psu
16x dvd drive
 
I think the general consensus is some models do 9800 pro speeds, some slightly above, some slightly below. All of mine did equal or greater to a 9800 pro.
 
its about standard for a 9500Pro, if its a 9500 with the 'I' configuration ram there is no way(that i know of) to mod from a 128bit bus to a 256bit. that said i scored somewhere near 13k stock with my 9500Pro on an 2200+ @ 2025 and 512meg DDR370 on a KT400 board. so something still isnt right there.
 
my Sapphire 9700 Pro runs perfectly stable with stock cooling on the GPU at 380mhz on the core and 339mhz on the memory. These are 9800 pro speeds and the only thing I have done was added ram sinks. I guess I just got a good card.
 
YMMV with the Radeons. I have a 9700 Pro that I bought shortly after they came out, and with mime i could get 370/340 w/o artifacts. I got copper heatsinks on the mem too.
 
i had my 9700pro all in wonder up to 351/351 with a zalman heatsink and a 120mm enermax fan blowing across it
 
Got mine up to 430/315 with the arctic silencer an some AS5, but much more than that gets unstable, oh and I flashed the bios
 
Back
Top