• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Max HTT for a Neo2 Platinum?

superkdogg

Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
743
Hey all,

I'm no stranger to OC'ing and have had a lot of success, but I'm asking for help with this one out of disappointment.

I have a Winnie 3000+ on the aforementioned mobo and I can 'only' get to 2.6. I believe Htt is at about 292.

The reason that I'm disappointed is because I had previously gotten this very CPU up to 2.7 stable at stock voltage on the dreaded Abit/Via KT880 motherboard. It wasn't stable in 3D apps because the AGP lock was broken, but that thing would run prime95, superpi, and Boinc apps all day without a hiccup. I got the newer mobo to go for 3GHz, but it seems like I can't even get back to 2.7 so I'm wondering what others have done to get to 300 HTT and beyond on the NF3 motherboards.

I have already tried the HTT link dividers of 2x, 3x, and 4x, with no luck, I'm using a ram divider of 133:200 so my ram is actually underclocked right now and I know not to use Sata 1 or 2. Everything else is open game-please help me out.
 
Try dropping your multi to 4, your ram to 100 mhz in the bios, and HTT multiplier to 3x. See what your max HTT is at that level. Bring voltage down in clockgen in .125 increments until you get to the lowest you need. Keep your ram timings reasonably loose to rule them out.

After you find your max HTT at 4x cpu multiplier, move up to 5x, 6x, and so on. See if these max HTT values are increasing, decreasing, or staying the same. I did this and noticed a general decrease, but not by too much.

Oh yeah, have you set your AGP freq to 67? Try that. Also try upping your AGP voltage to 1.65 or so. It indirectly overvolts the chipset on this board so that may help with stability at high HTT clocks. It gave me an extra 30-50 mhz on the HTT (FSB) in some cases . Granted, this was at a low cpu multiplier, but still, it helps overall, especially if the high HTT works for higher multipliers .

Just for reference, at low multipliers my max HTT is around 375 IIRC. At 9x, it is around 335.

Oh yeah, try sideeffects's modded bios (1.c standard version).
 
Remember the Neo2 undervolts by a little and I would recommend between 1.55 and 1.6v for the CPU.

My highest HTT is 343x8 but I personally think the memory controller on your Winnie will restrict you to around 331. My old Winnie 3000+ would only hit 321.
 
The AGP voltage thing and the modded bios are new suggestions. And thinking back, I'm not sure if I ever did isolate the HTT and check what the max was. Hmmmm. Thanks-I'll update later if I get some time to re-work my OC.

It's good to know that you guys did get to 320+, gives me hope for my 3.0 after all.
 
Back
Top