max core voltage for palomino 1600?

gesicht

Gawd
i have a 1600 palomino, it runs 1733 11.5x165, for cooling i have a common 20$ Thermaltake Silent Boost HS with default core voltage. it will not run anything over this or i have random crashes after several hours of gaming. i have a Epox 8rda3i so the FSB is limited by the processor, the ram is seperately linked.

i wanted to know a safe core voltage i can do to push this nice OC chip to gain more speed.

i seen people push 2.2 core volt with water cooling, with this cooler, i never had over 124F on cpu temp i am just timid to push the core voltage because i dont know the limits of it are.

I've been running my AGOIA 1600 at 10x186 @ 1.95v for over a year. I've had above average cooling on it though. SLK-800A & 900U +Tornado, and more currently water. I have taken it over 2v but I found the best mix of performance, voltage and heat to be where I have it now. YMMV. If you're getting random crashes, I would recomend better cooling before you push the chip any farther. Once you pass 166mhz fsb, the amount of voltage you need increases rapidly.

Good Luck.

Back