• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Matrix Orbital External Mod

BIGJEFF

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
243
Well I didnt have any bays let in my case so I decided to go external. I built this box today. Tomorrow I am going to sand and paint it. Here are the first couple pics of it. O yeah it is made out of balsa wood. I also had to glue in about 20 cents in pennys in order to balance it out. I am thinking about modding it a little more. More pics will come as I progess further.

lcd1.jpg


lcd2.jpg


lcd3.jpg


lcd4.jpg
 
ha that's pretty cool, just don't let anything fall on it. Balsa wood is so easy to break!
 
very ghetto-fabulous! :D post this on the matrix orbital forums - they have a dedicated thread just for the external MO mods!
 
here is the finished product. Instead of painting I decided to carpet is like a sub box. What do you guys think?

goodlcd.jpg


goodlcd2.jpg
 
LOL I would of used that green balsa wood filler and waterproofed it like they do with model boats then float the sucker.
 
ahhhh i see you have a Xaser too :p

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=713024

go check mine out.. we did the same mod for the fan controller!

u totally took my idea, lol jk

urs looks like it's a little stuck into the back..

desktop.jpg


you should do what i did. take the Coolermaster unit and drill it on the side.. it may have to be permanant but it looks good ;)


i m thinkin of puttin that same LCD on the side of my case

nice job
 
lol yeah its a tight fit in there but it works. good bless if you can mod a mx series on the side of the case. I thought about it and I just couldnt see it. Please provide pics if you get it.
 
Man, that's such a great idea!

::sparks fly::

You've just given me an idea for a new mod....VERY NICE WORK! :)
 
I am trying to get a graphic LCD now for my system I was thinking about the crystalfontz 634. Does nayone know where else you can purchase these besides the cyrstalfonts website?????
 
Originally posted by BIGJEFF
I am trying to get a graphic LCD now for my system I was thinking about the crystalfontz 634. Does nayone know where else you can purchase these besides the cyrstalfonts website?????

Ebay :D
 
Back
Top