Matched pair issues

CRXican

[H]ard|Gawd
My PC was having issues as described here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1000989

I have yet to run memtest because I still have yet to figure out burning an ISO. Anyway, I have a 512X2 matched pair of Kingston HyperX (KHX3200AK2/1G) that will be two years old in February.

Up until recently they have run flawlessly in a number of systems including my newest build. Today, in an attempt to "test" my memory I swapped the sticks in different configurations and can get my PC to boot into windows when either of the sticks is installed individually. However, when both sticks are installed, the PC will not boot into Windows. I can get into BIOS but after all the BIOS stuff is complete I get nothing where the Windows load screen should be. Signal to the monitor is not lost but the screen is black.

The motherboard is a Chaintech VNF3-250. Would my next step be to try a different motherboard or what?

have you tried bumping up vdimm? the chaintech shouldn't need it, but if that fails, try switching to 2T command rate

(cf)Eclipse said:
have you tried bumping up vdimm? the chaintech shouldn't need it, but if that fails, try switching to 2T command rate
glad someone finally replied

On the motherboard next to the ram slots it reads "2.5V" The ram is rated to run at 2.6V. In the BIOS, the next choice other than default is 2.7V, will this damage the ram?

that hyper-x can actually take a bunch of voltage, it's winbond CH-5. i wouldn't hesitate to give it 2.7 or 2.8v if it needed it.

Back