• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Massive Problems with Radeon HD 2600XT AGP

MightyMouse957

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
290
I have an Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2600XT AGP graphics card. It was working fine until I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP.

I have however lost the Disk that came with the card, and thus the drivers.

ATI does not have the Radeon 8.12 AGP Drivers available for download, neither does Sapphire who only have 'Hotfixes'

I installed Visiontek's drivers just so I could get a high resolution. It seems to be working fine as just a display, however when I try to play games like Crysis, Fallout 3, even Source engine games, they'll work for a bit, then freeze. This is an older computer, but it was working fine before, so it's not the hardware.

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on getting this work or getting the proper drivers.
 
Hotfixes are drivers...try those, they should work out for you. I had a simular issue with my Radeon 4650,the new (then new...Cats 8.9/8.10) drivers wouldn't work. Then a day later ATI released a Hotfix for 4650's and the hotfix was actually the driver.
 
I agree with Rauelius. I have anSapphire 3850 agp and the 8:10 and 8:12 hotfix drivers work fine for me in all 25 games installed.
For Doom III I have to disable Catalyst A.I. for some reason for best performance.
I might add that I'm able to play that game on Ultra High detail 1600x1200 with my old P4 2.8c@3.1ghz
Hotfix = good drivers for agp.
 
Back
Top