Massive problems (win xp fresh install + sata HD)

DarkStryke

[H]ard|Gawd
I really don't know what is the problem, but here it is.

New computer, abit nf7-s + seagate 120gig sata HD. The silicon raid bios is detecting the HD fine but every time I try to boot to it normally I get nada.

While trying to install windows xp onto it, i followed the F6 to install sata drivers and all seemed to go well. Setup copied whatever files after formatting the partiion to NTFS and then said it will reboot and continue. Problem is after the reboot it comes up with a message saying windows cannot read from the hard disk, blah blah blah.

This is a stock, out of the box motherboard and OEM HD, there are no jumpers I am aware of to mess with on the mobo itself and through the bios all the SATA choices are enabled.

Am I just doing something wrong or is this massively f'd up? I'm thinking maybee bios issues but I can't believe a revision 2 would still have this problem.

Frustrated :confused:

Are you set to boot off of SATA/SCSI in the BIOS? In the SATA config, have you set the drive as bootable?

Bios states 3 options to sequence, currently it's going SATA, FLOPPY, CD-ROM.

When it boots to the sata without anything else it gives the standard invalid drive to boot from, that normally happens on a freshly formatted drive being used. I'm aware of this, but wth is windows crapping out when it tries to resume :x

Back