Massdrop. Is that a legit source of hardware?

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
I'm very cautious of something that looks like "good deal" from a site I don't know. Looks like, MassDrop has good offer on Teac DAC/AMP, that would be half of the price in my country (even with tax/duty). The question is, how legit is this site... do they really deliver, how is their international shipping and will I really get the device and not a brick in a box.

I hear good things about them but have personally not ever used them, for what that's worth...

I've goten a small delivery from Massdrop, and they are widely regarded. I had no problems, but they do take a while to ship as they need to secure the deal first, get the stock, ship, etc. Took just over a month, but turned up fine no problems (Just some cheap earbuds for family members) But I wouldn't hesitate to buy something like the Sennheiser HD6XX or AKG 7XX's from them either if I needed a pair of cans. (I almost did, but I couldn't justify it considering I already have a nice pair of headphones..)

Hugely popular site, I've gotten a few things from them. A Hurricane canless duster and a mechanical keyboard. The one problem you'll usually hear is the length of time it takes to ship things.

Once the drop ends, the manufacturer has to ship all the items to Massdrop. Once that happens, Massdrop can begin sending the individual orders out the the buyers. As you can imagine, this all takes some time.

It helps if it's not something you need quickly and you can just forget about it and be surprised when it arrives.

I have got 8 transactions in total. First one in october 2014.

My thoughts?

a) They are easy to work with. You choose, you pay, they deliver.

b) They have decent customer service. I was angry once because I paid for a "first batch" for a specific product and they started shipping out the products based on the chosen layout and not your position in which you ordered. They apologized and send my parcel overseas with express shipping.

All in all, I have them in very high regard. They are very professional, and I will plan to keep buying from them.

PS: they also use USPS so you avoid custom charges (at least in Spain). To me that is a huge bonus, I simply wouldn't buy from them if I had to pay customs on top of everything else, except for products that are exclusively sold by Massdrop.

Back