• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mass storage portable media player???

comradeboris

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
289
Hey everyone,
Right now I have a Nomad Jukebox Zen 40gb player that I bring around with me everywhere to listen to my mp3 collection. Problem is, my collection has recently grown to be over 80gb in size, and as goofy as it sounds, I haaaate not being able to take all of my collection somewhere. I just put it on a random playlist and listen to everything......or when you want to hear that one special song and suprise its not there. Does anyone have any suggestions for a mass storage portable player? The new 60gb ipod is nice, but I really have no use for the photo viewing part of it. What is the biggest archos type media player that you can think of? I saw some 80gb models but are there others out there? Has anyone had experience with any of those all in one media players? Any help is greatly appreciated!
 
Hacking Your Nomad MP3 Player

OK, call us curious. Call us dumb. Call us adventurous. Whatever, we decided to see if we could replace the hard drive in our Zen, and our Nomad Jukebox 3 to add more space for more music. And guess what? It worked. In this story we'll give you the details on what we learned, and pictures and instructions on how to do it yourself. This is not for the squeamish, but it is possible to add a bigger hard drive to your MP3 player.


SAMSUNG (NOTEBOOK) 80GB 2.5inch UATA 100 5400RPM 8MB CACHE HARD DRIVE
$132.00

Toshiba TOS-MK8025GAS SUPER SLIMLINE 80GB 2.5INCH OEM HARD Drive $136.00

Hitachi/IBM 80GB 4200RPM 8MB Buffer Notebook Hard Drive $131.00
 
I'm not sure if they are for sale yet, but I've seen mention of 120GB 2.5" laptop drives also. Probably pretty pricey at first though.
 
One person who posted on the extremetech site said that due to the way the nomad handles its filesystem that there cannot be more than ~11k songs loaded on.......anyone know if that has been fixed in firmware or if there is a hack to get around that?
 
Back
Top