mass popup spamming my desktop!

excellsior

Limp Gawd
just recently ive been getting these massive popups and one of the websites is

http://82.98.235.202/dot.gif/?ver=1...occurs. anyone have any ideas? thank you.

im not clicking that link.... and I'd recomend everyone else do the same as me.

reformat, re-install.

My bad, I posted the link so you can see the site, not to click on.. I have edited my post so you can see what is coming up.

I guess this is a good time to try Windows 7.

Did you run an Antivirus? Everything you listed was an antispyware program. When you say you ran malware, do you mean Malwarebytes?

yeah malware bytes, spybot, adware, and avg virus scan... i got rid of a few things just now so lets see how this goes... i may just format and install windows 7

surely you could just block that ip address although thats not really the point. reinstall time!!!

Another thing is to turn off System Restore. Malware LOVES to hide in System Restore so it can come back after being removed. Best practice for malware removal is to turn off system restore, run a CCleaner to clean up all your temp files and cookies and other misc junk, then boot into safe mode with networking turned OFF and run your scans to remove the bad stuff.

Keep in mind that the beta version thats out right now will expire in Aug 09, so unless you want to reformat again in August, I'd suggest something else.

Doesn't most of us already reformat alot more often than every 6 months so that should not be a problem.

Doesn't most of us already reformat alot more often than every 6 months so that should not be a problem.

No...not all of us. Back in the Win9X days I would, but with 2K, and esp with XP...I don't feel the need for that. Plus..one gets tired of spending all that time. My current XP install is probably over 2 years old now. I'm a hardcore gamer with the Battlefield series of games, I'm a fanatic about my system running perfectly and top notch without hiccups. I don't install and uninstall programs like crazy. Good cleaning and care of the system..she runs like a champ.

Back