Mass Effect Glitches

Kelv

Limp Gawd
This game is the glitchiest piece of software I've ever purchased. I haven't gone a day without having to restart the computer in order to be able to play it again. I get all sorts of problems but the biggest one I have right now is playing the game and getting a black screen, and every couple seconds (probably between 5 and 10) the screen will blink for a second and show me the game and then go back to a black screen. I also had a problem where the game won't start, it will just show a black screen. I also had a problem in the first mission in the game where I found the Doctor Guy (who I decided to knock out). I was getting a repeated sound glitch.

I have a creative sound card (x-fi platinum)
Crossfire 4850's running 8.7 (I'm gonna try 8.8 right now)

I've heard the 360 version (which I own) has a ton of glitches as well. I'm currently on my second play-through and have yet to run into any though.

Also playing the 360 version here. I only had one glitch were a boss would paralyze my character while the normal enemies killed my teammates. I couldn't move, they couldn't kill me, so I had to restart from my last save point.

Other then that its been smooth sailing and I'm slowly going through it for the second time.

TONS of glitches on the 360. I've killed enemies, but their red blip is still on radar... meaning I couldn't progress anymore in the game until I restarted from a save. I'm constantly getting stuck in the guardrail by the map. I've been stuck in mountains a number of times while surveying. I have some pictures here of the Mako with a glowing corrupted texture map - looked like an acid trip. I didn't get any bugs until my second play through, but they were consistent all the way through my fourth.

I played through on PC without any glitches that I can remember. Definitely no having to reboot problems.

Funny you listed an X-Fi card and Crossfire'd video cards. I don't have either of those, so it's usually much more clear sailings for me I'm guessing :p

I'd do a quick google search, but off the top of my head, maybe try and disable hardware sound, and see if that helps.

I played through on PC without any glitches that I can remember. Definitely no having to reboot problems.

Funny you listed an X-Fi card and Crossfire'd video cards. I don't have either of those, so it's usually much more clear sailings for me I'm guessing :p

I'd do a quick google search, but off the top of my head, maybe try and disable hardware sound, and see if that helps.

Same here, a patch came out or maybe two patches so make sure you have it updated

I played through the entire game and expansion pack on the PC with no major issues. A few graphic clipping problems that were no biggie, and a couple of elevator getting stuck issues.. but other than that.. no show stoppers. I am using an X-fi, had no problems there..

There is an Update patch available you can try.. Also, the "Bring Down the Sky" add-on is very good. Well worth the down load.

There is an Update patch available you can try.. Also, the "Bring Down the Sky" add-on is very good. Well worth the down load.

I was playing through almost to the end when that addon came out... I had a chance to go do it... but I was all excited about the main story that I went and just finished it:rolleyes: Haven't gone back to play it yet either.

I've hit a major glitch in the PC game that hasn't been fixed by any patch. Basically, when you talk with certain crew members, no dialog options come up & the lack of ability to quit a screen with two people staring into the nether doesn't help the progress of the game. I'm still waiting for Bioware to recognize this as an issue. I won't complete the game until its fixed.

Wow crazy... I never once had that problem. I feel funny saying that, because it doesn't help you in any way :p

I bought this game several weeks ago, and have yet to play it because it quite simply will not run. I tried everything suggested in the support forums. No dice. It is really frustrating, it looks like a game I'd love to play... there goes more money wasted. :rolleyes:

I think I've linked the problem to alt-tabbing out of the game. It seems to get messed up from doing that, which is pretty annoying but i'll have to deal with it. I'm pretty sure I've never had a problem when I didn't alt-tab but the weird thing about alt-tabbing is that the problem doesn't go away when I restart the game, it only goes away when I restart the computer.

I've had a great number of games break whenever you Alt-Tab; it's been a crux of PC gaming for a long time. You just learn not to do it :)

Mass Effect gets upset when you alt-tab. I've found this out the hard way. I don't have a problem if I run in windowed mode though, and remember to pause or open the main menu first before I switch to another program.

It's sad how Mass Effect is such a good game, yet have so many glitches. I have had the gun overheating glitch and it's annoying as hell having to restart the game every time that happens.

Back